Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hippie Bus, American Traveler, Kayaking Every River in North America and doing Missionary work Dream



Everybody got a dream... mine was always, always, always to be as free as a bird. I thought the rainbow hippie bus was the greatest symbol, for that freedom. One that you could live out of, and travel the world in, and maybe discover the secrets of the universe in (what can I say I am an idealist).

Well, like most dreams, they are either forgotten, buried or pushed aside because "real life" just doesn't seem to have room for the dream. When ever I see a VW bus, or even a school bus that has been decorated, I wonder, "ARe those people happier than me, are they having more fun than me, with their life in the bus"... yes, yes they are.

I have been struggling with loving my job, my city and my circumstances. Yet, because I am a grown up, with a mortgage and a car payment, and a teaching contract and student loans, and a need to stay in the mecca where is an ample supply of mormon men, I just can't seem to live my "free as a bird in the rainbow colored bus" dream. I am usually alright with that, I get it, and obviously there is the side of me that wants and needs my comfort zone.

I guess, I just wish there wasn't such a battle between my ideals and my real life. Did that sound whiny. Sorry. I guess I am getting into the "NEW YEARS ANNALYZE YOUR LIFE MODE" early.

4 comments:

Kacher This said...

Interesting point, how do we live our dreams while still doing everything else we're supposed to do, maybe we should have a philosophical discussion next week in Mesa and get to the bottom of this issue. Let's plan on it, I'll be pondering and coming up with some answers....

Kacher This said...

p.s. by the way, this is Amelia, I'm logged in as someone else apparently.

{Erica} said...

dude there's always going to be a struggle with your ideals and your true life you're living no matter what life you are living in at the time...might as well make the most of it...perhaps a little flirting at the Tute :) on some younger male would help :)

Briebelbus said...

Hello,

I was searching across the net for pictures from a VW-hippiebus and came across your Blog.

I own a 1978 VW-campervan, have a fulltime job and a wife.

We take our bus out as much as possible, and indeed I experience freedom when driving it.

I always drive in my bus with a big smile on my face.

For me my bus is the opportunity to get the most out of my life.

[home is where your bus is]

greetz from the Netherlands
Marcel
http://briebelbus.blogspot.com

Stats