Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Rule of not ragging on people on my blog is about to be put on the back burner... ready?

I am DJ Jodeci... I Dj weddings. A good friend of mine asked me to dj his wedding. On a side note, at one point in time we went on a few dates. Didn't work out. Ended up reuniting at the YMCA party. Shared love stories, he gave me advice before and after Reno 911 didn't work out. Anyways, of course I said, "Yes I would love to DJ your wedding", he must have asked a few times before we finalized it. Anyways I said I would do the whole thing for 250 dollars, he talked me down to 200. For 4 hours of work, that is a smoking deal and I was doing it as a favor. Then, about 4 weeks later, I get a text. "We don't need you to DJ, found someone else". Whatever.

Tonight at institute, I was catching up with DJ Rome. He said, "Jo, i might be in Europe and i have a wedding you can do, Do you remember ________?" I guess I was not hiding my annoyance, cause Rome was like, "What's up? Why are you bitter?" I explained the senario. Rome was like I am charging him 300 and you can have it. The funny thing is that ____________ has ripped on Rome more than once. However, Rome is a much more experienced DJ than me. I just wish the whole thing was prefaced like, "Jodi, if Rome can do it, than we won't need you" or "if I can't find someone else could you do us a huge favor", not a verbal contract and than a spineless text.

OK, i know this isn't the worst thing that could have happened and I myself have been super flaky once or twice.... I guess my pride was a bit hurt and because of that i won't go to the reception, even as a guest. Oh well.... I got better places to be where the music of a slightly less experienced dj is appriciated ( i guess that might be my house only).

2 comments:

Mary Postert said...

You totally have the right to be annoyed. I would be.

Jenny said...

So _____ is a total loser! You DJ'd my wedding and did a fantastic job. He has got to be regretting his flippancy in getting another DJ who apparently just ditched him! Plus I think it's totally lame to ask an Ex to do you any favors for your wedding to someone else. Where's the class?

Stats