Friday, December 7, 2007

A header...

I put a picture up of my self as a header, but it just looked too dang good. So instead i traded it out for a picture of my loot, all treasures that i once owned but were craigslisted away when i was downsizing. As i look at the Kenny Rogers on a wooden plaque i almost tear up. I stole it from the bus barn back in 2002. It was just chilling on a table, and no one was around. Also someone had stole an outfit i left in the bathroom a few weeks earlier. So i felt a little vengeful and had an impression that Kenny was the universe's way at paying me back. So i took all the stuff out of my backpack and stuffed Kenny in. Sneaked out to the Honda Accord(88) and let Kenny free in the trunk.

This Kenny Rogers thing, along with all these treasures meant a lot to me. I think it was just a phase where i needed to be free of possessions (lame and very unAmerican of me) that caused me to part with this loot. If anyone ever finds a 'Kenny Rogers, riding a horse, wooden plaque thing', send him my way, I promise to not be so careless. At any rate, enjoy the header.

2 comments:

Mary Postert said...

I did the same thing when I moved home from Virginia. I craigslisted/garagesaled everything. I miss my stuff.

Jaime S. said...

me too. i wish i had my patio table and chairs that i sold for 20. one day brad came home and our kitchen table was gone. i sold it for $35. he was like "what the heck?" then the guy bought a new house and the table didn't fit, so I bought it back for $35. I don't think I'll ever sell it again. i love that table.

Stats