Sunday, March 2, 2008

If Only, If Only, If Only

This weekend was interesting. It was slumber party weekend. This weekend was the girls reunion. By the time I got done with Chilli's, it was 12 and it took me about 30 minutes to drive to Auburn's very cute house. Problem was half the girls had already left. Only 4 were slumbering. Only 4 were still there. These four were pregnant. All were so pregnant that the births will all be within the next 6 weeks I think. Now as much as everyone thinks "Jodi wouldn't like to hang out with a bunch of Preg girls and talk about birthing, nursing, lack of sexxing, healing of the tissues, the lack of comfort through the whole process, etc." It was sort of great.

You see singles talk about single stuff. To be honest I am sick and tired of the single stuff. I don't want to talk about my weekend (well I am blogging it) with a dude I met at a party who has bad breath and is socially awkward, but let's be honest is the hottest thing in the room. I don't want to hear "find a mate in 2008, try online in 2009, get with a friend in 2010 or wait till heaven 2011" (I made up the last 2 tonight, I am always the clever one). I don't want to worry about my age in this whole "just how low can I go, as far as ages thing". I don't want to date men who still live their parents, but have a plan (granted I have been there, I remember... but I can still hate).

After all this and 10,000 more conversations that seem to engulf our single culture, a little, "married/pregnant venting, humor, insight was nice. Now it's like whenever I leave Mesa, I miss it but a little VaCa lets me appriciate what I have. And what I have is LDS Mingles, a healed heart, a string of unsuccessful dates, skinny jeans and fat jeans, an arsenal of small talk, conversation starters, get the hell out of here excuses, and make the best of the time with this randomites positive affirmations... that make my time here oh so tolerable.

1 comment:

Jill said...

We really just helped your grass look a little greener, didn't we? Admit it.

:)

Stats