Wednesday, March 5, 2008

19 year olds, 45 year old men, a man on crutches and a mustache stalker at institute.

I am sure a hot item lately. Not to toot my own horn or anything but man am I a man magnent. First a co-worker says he wants to date me. Sometimes he will touch my back tenderly in order to push me aside from the order computer at Chillis. Sometimes he will ask me, "do you have to be Mormon?" and I will say "Yes". And then he will demand, "why thats stupid". He says he is confused because I am so much older than him, and he has never felt this way about a much older woman, then he says oh yeah my teacher in 8th grade was intriguing also. ".... YIKES.

Yes I do have a very dormant Mingles Profile. I don't pay for it, but once in awhile I will check in to see who has sent me a smile. Wouldn't you know it, 45 year old men lovin, this girl....YIKES.

On Valentines Day, when i was delivering flowers a man on crutches was outside my second to last delivery place. A man who resembled a beach boy or my elementary school PE teacher ( i recently subbed Mr. Viola's reading class, he switched) was outside. He immediately held the door for me as I was coming in, and then when I came out he asked if he bought flowers for me, could we go out that night. I said, "so sorry I got to work at Chilli's", as I scurried back to the Element he called, "which Chilli's, I will come find you", I said, "um just Chilli's" as I slammed and locked the door....YIKES.

So we finally did it, Lindsey (my roomate) and I actually went to institute, early enough to listen to the lesson. I have blogged about it before, it used to be the burial ground for all my realationship failures. Now I am (un)lucky to see one ex. That being said, Institute is like Meca for all over 27's/Mormon kids. It's true. About 700+ all together. This night some enormous, small town, intense eye contact, 37 (if I had to guess) year old, mustache cladden man had his eye on someone (and it was Lindsey I hope). He watched us like a hawk. I couldn't stop myself to look down our row to see if he was watching. Sure enough, every time he was there, gazing down our row. Even when I didn't look I could feel his warm, hot gaze as it slowly traveled up from my.... (JK, i am not that kind of writer). Point is...YIKES.

It's all about sifting the wheats from the tares. It's all about enjoying the madness of it all. It's all about becoming a recluse and living off the land in Alaska.... maybe.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

At the very least, people are interested. That's a good thing.

P.S. Can you give me Cameo's email address?

Team Caldwell said...

stop being so picky. mustaches can be shaved while someone is asleep!!!! eww

Jamie said...

Jodi, when I read your stories I feel like I'm actually there. And I say never trust a man who gawks with a mustache. J/K

Jaime S. said...

wow. those are great stories. thanks for sharing

Mary Postert said...

We've been missing you on Thursday nights. I know, when the Office is back on, we'll probably see you more.

Sommer said...

i was laughing out loud... thank you!

Stats