Saturday, March 29, 2008

Not Gonna Do it...

I decided against the Tri aka Half-iron man in Ocean Side Cali. Oh well. It is not like I am a wuss or anything. I just have alot on my plate right now. And hard-core training took a bit of a back seat. So if you were looking forward to pics of me in my wet suit, you are just gonna have to wait it out.

Now, Yesterday I subbed at my old stomping ground, Brimhall Jr. High. It is a bit surreal going back to the place you taught for a few years. Anyways, I had the opportunity to observe many of my students had gone through puberty and/or decided to become full on goth kids. It is quite alarming to see your sweet little, clean cut student. Now has piercings everywhere and died black hair and some sort of dog collar on. I feel for his parents. Anyways I subbed 3 eighth grade classes which were all about 1/3 full of my old students. Also many of my kids stopped by to visit me. These are the things they said.

1. Why you not teaching here no more, did they fire you?

2. You coming back to teach here, tell them you can take Mr. Cosseboom's (the man I was subbing for place)

3. You dress better, remember when I used to tell you to dress better, I used to tell you all the time. -Yvonne.

4. Do you still drink those veggie shakes that stunk up our classroom? -Crystal G.

5. Maybe those veggie shakes actually worked, because you look better. -Crystal W.

6. So wait, you chose to do work as a sub now, not a teacher, were we that bad? -Landon.

7. We thought you said, you would never be a teacher again, not in a million years what happend?-Ammon.

8. You are supposed to be in Reno, why you back? -10 kids.

9. How did you get your hair to not be black anymore, it looks better now. -Yvonne.

So I guess I looked pretty bad before. Shoot, thanks kids for reminding me. It was fun to be back. I felt a bit guilty that i only remembered half my students names. I found that many members of the staff were a bit burned out, and were looking for a change. This was my day.

1 comment:

Bowman Family said...

Well, I got excited about the triathalon, but I understand how burnt out you are. I miss seeing you!!!
I am glad you look better now... those comments were so funny!
Love ya!

Stats