Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rejection

After all the positive reinforcement, validation if you will, that I was a welcome member to any law school student body (thank you Baptist's of North Carolina, Philly and Idaho), I got my first taste of bitter rejection. Oh ASU, I am sorry I only took woman studies and philosophy classes from you and got C's in them. I am sorry I left you with no explanation when I decided to become a teacher and thought it would be more effective to transfer to Ottawa University. I am sorry I go to Sun Devil Kayak Club and don't pay my dues regularly. Yet this blow was harsh. I wanted to be a devil, even if it was only sometimes. Yes I did waffle, I wanted adventure, I wanted something new and yet you were a logical choice. My residence is near you. I would not pay out of state tuition and baby Olivia (my niece) needs me here to be her mentor of classiness. And yet, sometimes life and the admissions committee have other plans.

Alas, now the choice is made, the chord has been cut. It's over Jodi. The door is shut. You move on. Liberated but a little dejected. All in all I am a bit relieved. I can finally get "out" there. I know the grass is not always greener, but i know that mixing it up is good for a life. Maybe Philly will make me the best lawyer and help give me opportunities to grow in other areas. Maybe it will be somewhere else. I gots a few options and that my friends is better than no options.

1 comment:

Good times said...

Ode to women studies. Ode to lesbians as guest speakers telling us of inappropriate realtionships with their p.e. teachers. Ode to avoiding feminatzi-ism

Stats