Sunday, March 30, 2008

One Night. Four Parties. Boosh.

I have a roomate I have neglected. When she came to survey this place, i told her if she moved in I would take her around to all the single stuff. Well with Chili's being so demanding and with all my other secret stuff i don't talk about on here, I have sort of been lacking as a good roomate. Anyways, I told her that we should hang out tonight, we went to eat at Fat Burger, then saw 21 (loved it, loved the hot lead character, he's hot) and then went to a bar-b-que. That is when the party count begins. 

Ben Richardson's House (mesa)  
As we pull up, I am loving this retro house. I notice both the Steves are oogling woman on the two couches. The oogling makes me feel a bit umcomfortable. I chat with men I went to High School with about mutual friends who have turned lesbian and the joys of status reports on facebook. I enjoy shrimp wrapped in bacon. I get annoyed with a boy/man who I met a month earlier, (when he was on a Mesa fact finding mission out from DC, because my friend Rob gave this fool my number, because he is 34 and I am the oldest girl Rob knows). This boy/man lives here now, and I hear him asking my roomate, and other woman where they are from and proceeds to play the "do you know the Naomi Johnson family from Fresno" or the "Johnathan Martain from Pocatello" game. This game always annoyed me, and yet never to this extent. Blar. Jen and I decide to move onto the next event. Roomate wants to stay, maybe she sees something I don't. 

Ben Decker's house (mesa)
His parents are out of town, so he has people over. I was watching Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo a few weeks ago and she gives some advice to a "would be matched with a millionaire" girl with short curly hair. She said, "get extentions and wear your hair straight". Now I am noticing every woman (except 2 with wild curly locks) are wearing their hair long and straight. I am now embarrassed for my sleek, straight locks (I got my hair dyed and cut today and Vette did it straight). I am one of them. I learned the secret, long, straight hair is the look, I am just like the rest. OH the AGONY. I meet and exchange clever banter with a sexy little dentist who has so much confidence I am almost drawn in...he stands up and immediately I am rocked back into reality. Too Short. 

Aubreys Birthday Party (chandler)
I show up, there are people dancing in the living room, there are girls crying in the bedroom cause of their men problems, there is ping pong in the garage. I find my way to a couch and plant myself down. I meet Matt. Heaven help me, he seems semi-normal. He is 21. We eat M and M's and Cheeze Its . He talks about diareah a lot (home for only 3 months from the mission). I try to relate and say,  "I had parasites on my mission". He seems pleased with my contributions to the conversation and continues to make jokes/talk seriously about diareahs. And yet... the little girl next to us is obviously so into him she can barely control herself and her desire to talk about the diareahs. 

Edgar's Party (tempe)
I work at the Chili's. Edgar works there. Jeanea my roomate works at Chili's. She calls and tells me about Edgars party as I am leaving Aubrey's. I head over. I am introduced to all the Yuma boys, I am asked 12 times if I want tequilla shots, 7 times for a beer and 2 times for seven minutes in heaven. I find out the men who have been coming onto me at Chili's are coming onto the other co-worker woman too. And I was feeling all special from the attention. Shoot. I go home alone. No Yuma lovers for me. 

That is that. 4 parties... Do I feel like a success? Honestly, I know how to party hop and work a room, and yet I just want to sit on the couch, eat a snack and watch the randomness transpire. 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, Jod, you do get around!!! I'm tired just thinking about a party, let alone going to four!! Congrats on the law school offers. Wished we could have kept you here in Az but sometimes an adventure is just what a girl needs!!! You'll do great no matter where you are!

Jamie said...

Hey friend,
Just wanted to say hi and that I enjoyed reading this blog entry.

Sommer said...

Wish the night could of ended with a make-out for you!
Lunch would be fun this week, call me when you get here. Pack warm, it snowed today or at least check the weather reports.

Jaime S. said...

i actually thought a lot about party hopping sat. night. the universe was trying to tell me that a friends was hitting the parties.

Starr Phippen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cami said...

You party animal you. I don't envy the single life at all. Good Luck! You deserve the best.

Stats