Saturday, March 8, 2008

Weird things at the Chilis


Ok so yesterday I worked a double. Not before going to Sonic at 9 am to get a kids meal (apple juice, corn dog and tater tots) then heading to Mitch's to watch the Finale of Project Runway (it was Tivo'd) (I still wouldn't wear any of those outfits except Romies, come on people Christian's two-toned feather dress, please).

Ok and with out further delay the weird things that happened at Chili's...

1. My friend/co-workers truck got stolen right out of the parking lot (dinner shift).

2. An old lady slipped and fell in the parking lot. I was trying to check out with the manager in the office when another manager contacted her, over the walkie/talkie/head gear system they use to tell her to call 911. The lady denined assistance. I would too seeing what my granny has gone through (lunch shift).

3. One of the bussers a Mexican was talking to me about the work, he told me at least it's clean work, and informed me he had just gotten out of jail. I think he stole a 7 dollar cash tip off one of my tables. I am just going to let this one role. I think I have learned my lesson, and will get to those cash tips before he busses. Then he asked me if I smoke the marijuana, I said is Spanish, "Soy mormona y no quiero hacer cosas asi". He then proceeded to tell me how there were some missionaries who used to stop by and visit and play ex box with him...yep an unknown truth, missionaries do have weaknessess (dinner).

4. A boy who I had seen before at church activities(and let's be honest I thought was attractive) was there in the section next to mine. I talked it up with him and his 3 friends, he ended up getting my number and asked if I wanted to go see 10,000 BC with him. We did. It was funny. I told you I was a man magnent (dinner).

5. A table of 3 girls (all the same age), a younger girl and two parents came in. I recognized one of the girls, so on the second stop at their table I asked, "you look familiar, did you go to Brimhall (where I used to teach)". She said, "yeah you were our basketball coach", I apologized immediately ( i had never played basketball before and I thought I had coached these girls as 7th graders). Later I went back to their table and asked if they were in 9th grade. Turns out they were in 11th, my mind worked quick, then I remembered. They had tried out for the Freshman team and I had cut them. Awkward. I had to apologize again. The best part is we were all laughing so much, it was sort of awkward, funny, interesting (dinner).

6. As I was checking out the boss, said, "Jodi, you are too high strung here, you are a perfectionist, I worry your not going to be with us very long because you will burn out of being a server" then he added a compliment with sheer surprise in his voice, "but people seem to like you here". Thats Funny.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Never a dull moment, in the life of a server.

Stats