Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Yep. My Day (not my best blog. Sorry)

1. Today one of my students said, "Miss Goodman how ols you"? I shot her a question right back, "How old do you think I am?" She said, "27" I said, "OK i'm 30, why?" She didn't miss a beat when she said, "cause you like a 5 year old in a 30 year old body!"

2. Remember that song from the late 90's, that said, "What if God were one of us, just a slob like one of us" and the lady on the music video had curly hair and a nose ring. Yeah, I knew you remembered. Well today as I was typing up a packet for our research project, one of my students began singing that in a Chinese Women's voice. Hmmm, very strange.

3. In our classroom when you act up, you can either go to "Take a Break" or "Serenity Now". Lot's of the kids like to sit there, not when they are in trouble, but because it is just in the back (far a way from my watchful eye). Today, one of my favorite little trouble makers said, "Miss Goodman, can I sit in Serenity Now?" I said, "NO, but you can sit up here in the front and ring my bell if the class acts up". He was so psyced about his job. And was well behaved all day. He didn't ring the bell, until the class was all crazy. Then he rang it with such authority at the perfect time..... it made a teacher proud.

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

what are you talking about not your best blog? it's a great one. I love the idea of having a "serenity now" spot...gotta love seinfield :D.

I laughed out loud over #2...record it next time :D

And aint nothing wrong with being a little immature :D

Nathan said...

Look at you Jodiane! Molding the minds of America's future - actually face it, you are molding the minds of Mesa's future...don't nobody ever leave Mesa! Mwuhahahahahah! Love you girlie!

Stats