Monday, November 12, 2007

His name is Kurt.... (The last 4 days)

1. I know his name, yet it doesn't matter. The mystery is gone and I am not into him anymore, i think it was just the hometeacherly glow that i was loving.

2. We are doing research reports and i told the kids i would write one too (stupid Miss Goodman) and my thesis statement is "Humans do not need to drink cows milk, in fact cows milk can contribute to health problems in humans. I don't want to write that, googling it and reading is one thing, but siting sources and making a logical point is something quite more strenuous(GRRRRR). Why do I promise things that sound good and then regret them?

3. The First Annual Rita and Harry Goodman reunion (aka we all live within 1 mile of each other, lets get together and eat) went well, lot's of pictures, babies and food.

4. I stayed for all 3 hours of church...ever since AK started the weight loss challenge, we don't go eat at her dad's sub shop (closed on Sunday but we got the key).

5. Jen had a pazzooki party on Sunday night. The east Valley's finest were all there. I had awkward conversation with strange people. I felt myself beginning to compare myself to the other women there. I noticed my jeans were not as tight as there's (no judgement, just what i noticed). I sat on the love sack with Joe, we had pleasant conversation. He spoke of a woman he loved, who over conversation, revealed the qualities she is looking for in a mate, he said, to her, "i encompass those attributes on your list"... hmmm, didn't i have this conversation is HS, and have been having it with the discarded since those days... Yes, yes I have. The unchosen, need answers, or at least a listening ear of some girl, they used to go to singles ward with 5 years ago, who has no interest in them or their lame story.... (yes, i am that girl).

6. Downloaded a song I heard on my XM radio by a group called The Knife...I think that song is everything I am about (80's punk). The live version is on my myspace (but you can't check it unless your my friend, because my profile is private, because I am a teacher, and I can't have the kids knowing that I am a real person). But the song is called Heartbeats. LOVE IT!

7. Watched way too many reruns of Project Runway...It premiers on Wednesday.

8. Had some pretty cool moments with my brothers, especially Van. My mom was making Homeade root beer for the reunion. She probably put 5x as much yeast as she needed. So when she made us try it, Oscar winning performances ensued. I have never used or heard the word, "yeasty" used so many times (that's a blessing in itself). Anyways, during this time, Van (he is 15 )decided to go into the pantry and get out some A&W, just to make the point that mom's root beer was not good. Also in a prayer later at the reunion I saw his eyes were open, I flashed him a gang sign, and the kid lit up. Very cool.

9. In Laws (especially my special lover to be, where ere you are) beware, when the extended Goodman Family sings...OH DOGGIES. Sumo and Tamara (my inlaws) had yet to experience the flat notes, the tone defness, the fact that some will start loud and end up soft or the other way around, or just the overall horror of when the Goodmans all sing in harmony(i do not use the word literally).

10. My favorite people are coming. Remember when meeting your spouse on the mission was something people frowned upon(i don't know, i guess as a general rule it still holds). Yet, there are those special cases when two amazing people meet that way(let's be honest meeting your love is a miracle no matter where it happens)and it is fantastic. Well, my two favorite missionaries I served with have been married for over 7 years, they live in Prescott and will be here to do a temple session on Saturday. Just hearing Hermanna Kellen's voice today, made me sooo happy. I love that a boy from Panama and a girl from Juno Alaska can meet in El Salvador, CA... and 9 years later have an awesome family of five.

2 comments:

Mary Postert said...

I guess Tanner and I are officially out of the loop. We didn't get invited this time to Jen's pazooki party.

Jamie said...

You have been tagged! Look at my blog for the rules!

Stats