Sunday, November 11, 2007

Murmuring a confession. I am so Lemuel.

So i have been sort of in a selfish funk for quite some time. I seem to only be clued into what other's gots and what i don't gots. Hmmmm, maybe the funk has been a lifelong roller coaster of total contentment and whiny "why me/why not me's". So i decided to regain some focus with my life, and what a better way to start then with a little beginning of the BOM. Sure enough the first chapters always make you wonder, could i leave my gold and precious things (aka my element, makeup, bed, laptop and clothes) and head out to the wilderness(any day, thanks to my Anasazi training, I can live off the land). But the other thing that caught my attention in my recent readings was Laman and Lemuel's murmuring. For most of my prior readings, I felt distant and apart from them, yet now....it feels like we are of the same mentality. I forgot that murmuring is not only unbecoming and unattractive, it also keeps one far from the spirit. I guess it has been awhile since I have remembered we need to endure each season with dignity, maturity and faith. Thank goodness, we have the Word, to keep us in check.

6 comments:

Jaime S. said...

Amen Sister. Thanks for the spiritual reminder.

the Pearce Place said...

excellent point. You and me must follow the same rollercoaster of life, I've also caught myself murmuring quite a big lately. It's a lot easier to pity myself than to snap out of it... I love our new blogging friendship :)
We'll be in Mesa Dec. 8th! Can't wait for those white elephant parties!

Tonya said...

Jodi, I am not sure how I came upon your blog but I am so glad that I found it. You are so entertaining, so wise in your blogging. You will bring a smile to my face when I read your blog. Thanks for being you!!

Jamie said...

I just love you Jodi!

Jamie said...

P.S. Is that Tonya Nelson that left you a comment?

Jill said...

Profound. "Endure each season with dignity." I could use a little dose of that. I'm all murmurs when the mommy-road gets tough. Shame on me.

Here's to a better tomorrow!

Stats