Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hardcore II





Today I did it, i ran my first Triathalon in Casa Grande. It was sort of funny because I have just started to learn to swim. It was not pretty. The best part was running into all my old pals. It is awesome to see so many randomites putting their bodies to the test. The Race was a 400m swim, a 10 mile bike and a 3 mile run. I did not check to see how I did yet, I sort of don't want to know. I have sooooo much improving to do, and that to me is very, very exciting. Anyways, I challenge everyone to get out there and move it. It is just fun to feel a sense of accomplishment, and the community spirit. OK The HIGHLIGHTS



1. I definately was a bit body conscious of just rocking my one piece for about the first 4 minutes, then you realize, hey my body ain't the best, but there were a lot more nasty things out there, I'm alright.

2. Transitioning is fun, when you are a novice...and just sort of McGyver your outfit. After the swim, i scooted to the transition area. My plan was to put a sports bra over my swimsuit, and then put some shorts and shoes on...I must say I transition faster than others, I definitely will be purchasing better attire for the next race, and will practice my transitions.

3. The bike was awesome. It was a friend, of a friends. It always amazes me that people out there are so cool, nice and giving. The world is definitely full of great people, i road strong and fast.... for me.

4. After you get off your bike, and you start running your legs feel like cement. It is a sensation I have never experienced before. It was only a 3 mile run, but because it was my first tri, my body wasn't used to the variety of actions, it had to preform. I was good for the run, until about the last half mile. I had swallowed soooo much water in the pool, and it began to cause a cramp in my rib area (very strange). Anyways, my friend Brendan was there to help encourage me, also I raced another friend in. Very Cool. I finished. I feel Born Again.

4 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

me and tyler did that race 2 years ago. I loved it, it was my first and only triathalon, I thought it was way more fun to change events like that than to run straight for a long distance. Each new event seemed to give me a burst of energy. The swim, I remember, was a little awkward- it seems like every one was just alittle too close in that pool.
ANyway, way to go! I, too, am attempting to be hard cord in my diet and fitness regime, but then again I always set high goals, and how often do I actually follow through? We'll see this time. Tyler and I just got some gym passes, so that should help for the cold winter we have coming up.

{Erica} said...

MY HERO! I've always wanted to do an Ironman...you know....fly to hawaii and watch one....cheering on the people...LOL...oh wait you thought I meant DO one..NAH! :D

Mary Postert said...

My brother did that same race this past weekend. Did you get lost on the bike path like he did? He was up towards the front (I think he said third place) and there was a turn in the road and there were no signs saying which way to go so him and the other guy riding right behind him turned. After about 6 miles, they realized they were going the wrong way. But when they turned around, they noticed that the rest of the pack had followed them and there were about 50 other bikers going the wrong way. Kinda funny.

Jamie said...

Way to go Jodi! Me and Kasey have been talking about trying a mini triathalon, I think that it would be a great way to get back into shape. But we can't find one. Bummer. I guess we will just keep looking. The problem is I'm not quite sure where to look?!?!?

Stats