Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Single and Ready to Mingle...Three th0ughts from today.

1. Remember when people used to say that for reals? I don't really remember the exact place where i heard that little lymric, yet i think it has to do with 80's movies. Linger Longeer or Mingles is what happens after the three hour block. There is some random dish that is rarely that good, and you get to sit there and have awkard conversation with men that are 21... which would be good in some circumstances... but it just isn't at mingles. I guess it is sort of like Ward Prayer up at Ricks, just one more opportunity to make it happen, before the FHE that is 24 hours later. Hmmmm,

2. Did I tell you all my visiting teacher asked, "so they are still going to let you stay in the ward, even though you are 30".... what kind of question is that (ok maybe legit, but no one asks it, well I probably would have if I had to visit an oldie when I was 12).

3. Today I went back to Brimhall on my prep. to meet with another teacher. I got caught in the hallway during passing periods. All my students had such different reactions. Some wanted hugs, others ignored me and looked the other way. The high-five was resurected. Most wondered, how Iceland was, or if I was loving life in Canada. I got sick of correcting them so I was like. "Iceland changed my Life" or "I am going back to Alberta to marry my fiance", they loved it.... everyone wants a 7th grade teacher that got out of dodge and is making life happen. Maybe I ought to live up to the facade. Anyways, sweet Elide said, "miss goodman, i need to add you to my myspace, will you let me"... oh i love Jr. High.

1 comment:

Mary Postert said...

I absolutely HATED ward prayer at Ricks. Am I allowed to say that?

Stats