Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What has happened in the last 36 hours.... Surreal.

1. I was given two rose plants from a good friend... it really made me feel special.

2. An ex who used to be super awkward wants to hang out again.... i am not convinced. Does awkwardness ever die?

3. NEW YEARS... ALWAYS MEMORABLE

4. I cleaned my condo, it looks great. Go organized 2008 Barbie(being born again is what it's about).

5. I dj'd last night for about 5 hours. It was sooo fun, because DJ Rome said, "play whatever you want Jodi, I don't even care anymore". You know exactly what that means. TECHNO and obscure 80's. Don't give me the freedom and expect me not to freestyle. I felt old, in a good way.

6.RUSTY AND BRYANT THREW A NEW YEARS BASH... 2 AM-4 THIRTY FOR ME.... BUT I HAD A NEW LEAF TO TURN OVER.

7. It is 2008 and I stayed up until 4 thirty to welcome it in. Yet that didn't stop me start the new year off right. I pulled my ace out of bed to run a 10k. I got 2nd to last and a guy dropped out (does that make me third from last?). But on a positive note, my friend Brendan set a course record. Also my discipline level is being revealed, you see the moment of truth arrived when I knew I could stay in bed and make the excuses or become a champion (one step at a time). I choose to be a champion.

8. I played rock band. I love it, I love it, I love it. I just want to be good, and be in some bands with other like minded, serious about music, folks. I love my friends who keep up on pop culture. I am cooler because you let me chill sometimes. Thanks.

9. Even though it is 2008 and I used this date as a rawsome jumping off point, Since midnight i have eaten 3 sugar cookies, pringles, Candy Cane Joe's( Oreo's with candy canes, i love you) and peanut m and m's . I am out of control.

10. I got resolutions all over the place. In all my planning books, so now I have to compile... you will be privy to the sacred grail soon.

11. Happy New years.... To the best year with friends, family, lovers, great movies we have seen the trailers for but will get to see this year, awesome music that we will love, adventures, babies (my first niece is coming and I can't wait to meet her and ask her about Ruby, Olive, Navy, Violet and Ivory (my future daughters that she has probably just been chilling with), amazing food that I will devour, weddings, missionaries coming home, awesome books to read, new places to visit and dealing with all the crap that will inevitably make the joys so much more sweeter.

3 comments:

Jill said...

3 men? I only kissed 1. Slut.

:)

Mary Postert said...

I played Rock Band for the first time last night. I loved it too. I'm totally addicted. We'll probably buy it. You can come over after the tute and jam with us.

Jaime S. said...

I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE missionary homecomings and receptions. I never met anyone that cares about them more. I like that about you.

Stats