Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tonight....All Truth Revealed, well a little truth that I sort of might be making up, maybe.

Tonight I was talking with a new friend of mine, and he asked a question that reminded me of old school ricks days. The days when you would give back scratchers to just about anyone and put your whole heart into it (now I am selective and I am sort of half assing it always), days when you had a new crush every week, and they were all meaningful... If I get a new crush this year, I will be surprised. Also, when you would ask each other meaningful questions, and philosophize and really think deeply about the answer.

Now, it was one of those moments when you are going over and sharing the past relationship wins and losses, in hopes of getting to know each other better (totally ricks college-esque). If we are being honest, I got the losses beating the wins. He asked me, "If you had to marry one of the ex boyfriends who would you marry?" Now being 30, and as undiscriminatory as, "let's be honest", I have been now and again, that leaves a lot of material to consider.

My mind raced. Who would it be, of the many, many men who have loved me for over 3 months in a row, who would be victorious in the game of WWYRM (a take of who would you rather, the original). Now all in all in fairness, I couldn't choose a married man, and they all married as far as I know. And that leads me to the next truth... which I believe all singles believe is unique to them alone. "I was put on this earth, to date people, and then inspire them to go marry someone else". I am instrument of persuasion. Of persuading many, many men... that they should be married. Quickly. Not to me.

Even though I am a powerful force of persuasion, my one hope is that there is one even more powerful than I, and she is out there, with my future man. And all the wheels are set in motion, the cards are stacked against her, and he is backing away from her, and coming my way.

I wish you luck oh, "Most Powerful Instrument of Persuasion Single Mormon Girl"... start working your magic and get that man over here.

Stats