Saturday, January 26, 2008

Free to do what I want any old time....

So i have looked at your blogs with the cute kiddos, hot or not so hot husbands. I have seen your Mormon dreams coming true in color and black and white. I have coveted the cute outfits you wear, as you are pregnant or loosing that baby fat, or looking good after the weight is lost. So now the tables have turned.... get ready to miss your single days and covet my life. REady?

I get to have hot hate makeouts (in 27 dresses it was sex, but we don't do that around these parts) with strangers (or men i meet at the institute, who take me on 3 dates and then we have a talk and cuddle while we are watching a movie, and then we decide to do back scratch traders and eventually one thing leads to a kiss... well you get the idea).

I get to teach or sub aka babysit the kids other people have had, I love getting disrespected by their spawn.

I can go on any trips I want (but then again, i don't really have the money, because I chose a career for the schedule aka it is in line with the kids school schedule, instead of for the financial benefits, so i don't really have any money to pay for trips...but i can go to payson or flagstaff and that is cool).

I get to meet interesting men all the time, and some are divorced with issues and/or with like 5 kids, and greasy, and intense, and if I am lucky they will consider wanting me, because lets be honest I am not getting any younger, and those recent high school graduates just stay the same age. I love the wishing and hoping part the best.

I can live any where I want, I don't have to worry what my better half wants. Ok this one is actually pretty sweet, if I had the balls to move anywhere cool and make it stick. However, i still have a life set up with friends and a social network, and it is hard to cut the chord.

Men compliment me all the time. But sometimes it is a mixed compliment. Like, "your long legs would look so great with a little more definition in them"...gee thanks.

I get to be an independent woman, and am free to do what i want any old time, it is seriously blissful 24/7, the mystery, the wonder, the fact that anything can happen (although it rarely does) keeps my spirits up.


So dont' go resenting me for my awesome lifestyle. I mean you made your choices now deal with em, while i am just over here loving, making all my Mormon dreams come true slowly. In all honesty I am in great spirits. Just a little sarcastic. I made a new resolution to not complain, i hope this didn't come across that way. I gotta go make it happen tonight so... Have a great weekend and Sabath and New Week.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I wish you lived closer Jod, so you could "sub" my kids. I know that they would have the time of there little lives being with you. OK, so can't you just buy wheatgrass at a store, like Wild Oats or something? Do you have to grow it? And then once you have it do you just blend it up in a blender? Maybe I'll give it a try at Jamba before I jump into it full force.

Team Caldwell said...

Free life sounds pretty sweet. i don't remember! However, all I can say is the beast with 2 backs beats mormon freedom anyday! HAAAA. just kidding. i live vicariously through you. you do what i wish i could have done. back scratches leading to more, never had that-jealous!

Bowman Family said...

We just have to make the best with what we've got right? I will try my best to just deal with my kids and not covet your freedom. You forgot to add that you can sleep whenever you want, and you don't have little people climbing in bed and kicking you out. Man, those were the good ole' days. :-)
I love you Jodi!

Stats