Friday, January 25, 2008

I cried at Chilies

So, i guess the stress of being a waitress was too much for me to bare. First the table of Native American's didn't tip, and had me running like a fugitive(thanks bob marley, Iron Lion Zion) for Ranch and refills of Strawberry Lemonade. Then I forgot to put silverware on like 4 tables in a row, then I messed up the order and didn't order the boneless buffalo salad for a table of 8, causing the whole table to miss their movie. Then, i didn't know that you didn't get 2 side dishes with your half rack of ribs. Shoot. I wouldn't have cried, except a fellow co-worker was like, "what's wrong with you"... when he asked that question, in the heat of the kitchen, and deep into my stressful 3rd shift without a trainer, my head started spinning with responses. And the biggest kicker, I am 30 and I work at Chiles'. The funny part about it, is I felt fine before and after the mid-shift cry. Oh well, now i am the girl who cried at Chiles just adding to the many dimensions that make me, for better or worse, me. Where is your most embarassing cry? Come on make a girl feel better.

5 comments:

Jaime S. said...

I'm thinking long and hard for you. I'm embarrassed everytime I cry in front of someone. I don't know why. I need to get over it.

Jamie said...

I HATED being a waitress! Way to much work for way too little pay. Although I must say, going home with money every night was nice.

Jamie said...

Oh ya, I wanted to ask you for a recipe for wheat grass. And where do you get it? I went and got a jamba juice yesterday and the place was slammed! So, while I was waiting for my juice, I picked up a thinger on wheat grass and it intrigued me. I must try it now!!

Team Caldwell said...

can't say i have cried in public except at the pulpit. which i did once reading a story and instead of composing myself i read through it so that no one could understand! Otherwise, sometimes i get overwhelmed and cry in front of your cousin and he looks at me funny and asks why the heck i'm crying and i get an awkward hug and pat!

Bowman Family said...

Wow, there are so many times. I think the one I am the most embarrased about is when I came home from the hospital after having Jayne (my oldest) and I had a huge breakdown because my big water jug thingy from the hospital was left in my room. I totally freaked out in front of my family and my mother in law and I made someone call the hospital and go pick it up. "I earned that mug!" So stupid. I still remember my mother in law on the phone with my sister in laws saying "Well, we're a little over-emotional here..."
I tell Jayne that I cried because I was just so happy to have her home... hopefully she'll never know the truth. :-)

Stats