Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolution Land....

i decided not to start my new years resolutions until Jan. 4th.. I guess that is just how I roll. So with out further delay, this is how the idealistic/realistic mind of Jodi wants her year to be....

1. Learn to dance 3 kinds of dances... Hip hop (like at a club or mormon party) , country swing and Belly (they teach it at the YMCA every Friday night).

2. Complete the P90X series (it's a work out series of tapes, you probably saw the infomercial) Thanks Jimmy for buying it.

3. Learn to kayak really good, sort of hard in Az, but I got dreams of greatness and snow storms in Northern AZ, so the dormant rivers come to life.

4. Build my testimony by increasing the quality of my scripture study.

5. Learn to cook dishes from many countries (this sort of is an anti-resolution to rawsomeness, notice I use the word cook).

6. Only go out to eat once a week, (it is an addiction of mine) unless I gotta date.

7. Run a 4:59 mile, a 2:59:00 marathon and a half iron man in under 5 hours. Woo Doggies, just call me Wonder Woman if I can make these babies happen. Considering the 2nd/3rd from last finish at tuesdays 10k. I gotta a lot of work to do.

8. Document the whole year with pictures and blogging.

9. Complete two book lists. One is by the late Arthur Henry King, called Reading for a Lifetime and the other is the 100 greatest books of the 20th century. Actually if I can just read the entire first list, I would be satisfied... but it is always cool to be an idealist.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Hey Jodi, I ran a 5K on New Years Day, maybe next I'll do a 10k. You got some fast moving legs to run a 5 minute mile. I was very happy with my 10 minute miles. love your blog and you, Tonya

Mary Postert said...

I'm impressed with your resolution list. The only thing I got on my list is learn how to play a new instrument. I'm thinking drums maybe. Got any suggestions?

Stats