Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm in love with Goran from Law and Order CI.


Today we were watching tv at my parents house... and there he was, Jeff Goldblum from "The Incredible Shrinking Woman" and "The Big Chill", and Rita said, "Jodi, didn't you used to think that guy was sexy". Then she proceeded to laugh hysterically. She is definitely my sister, i laugh hysterically when ever i get a chance. Anyways, it got me thinking. I think strange men are attractive, if they play intelligent roles. For example, in my movie star "Who would you rather", guess who is at the top of the list, Goran from Law and Order CI and Elliot Stabler from SVU Law and Order. That is just how I roll. On the flip side, I think I have only dated a man older than me 3x. And have only dated one seriously. If Detective Goran was here, and wanted to hear the missionary discussions, I might fall for the older, older man. Shoot.

On the subject of older men... yesterday i was at my parents again, and the phone rang. I picked it up, and this man asked if "insert my dad's name" lived there. I wasn't born yesterday so I said, "maybe". Then he said, "this ________, would be about 55 years old, his dad was a baseball coach". I said, "keep going". Then he said, "he served his mission in Pennsylvania". At that point I was convinced. So I came clean, and said "yeah, you have found who you are looking for". He told me that his new years resolution is to remake connections. I sent him on his way with my dad's cell phone number.

Dinner tonight, I asked my dad if his mission friend had called him. He said, "yeah, he is going to come visit in a few months"... and all I can think of, is he wants to sell you Amway or Nuskin. Why do I think that, because when ever someone random comes out of the wood work, they have an agenda. I sure am cynical, huh? But my sister Rita, said "Is he single?" As she looked at me, and died laughing". Shoot. Then she said, "sorry Jo, i forgot your so old"... Shoot. She tried to fix it by saying, "I forgot dad was sooo old". Either way blar.










Jeff is sort of sexy....or maybe was. The pictures from the last 20 years, were not that great. Sorry Jeffy.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Jeff Goldblum is still hot. I loved him in Jurassic Park. Intelligent men=hotness.

What kind of book shall we write?

Jaime S. said...

this guy is like the guy on "p.s. i love you". you think he's sexy for a minute but then you turn your head because of the greasiness.

Team Caldwell said...

OK- so i laughed out loud when i read nuskin. Who remembers that but you. My mom did that until she realized she would have to hit up friends to buy then she bailed. She still has the awesome terry-cloth velcro head bads though! I see your dad muying mormon videos in the ear future... or... asked to be a partner in some wack-a-do scheme! Just say no!

Team Caldwell said...

ok- it would help if i would pay attention to what i am typing or at least proof read. ie head baNds, Buying mormon videos and Near future. What a spaz

Courtney said...

I laughed out loud with this post. You are great and I love your blog...it seriously brightens my day!

Stats