Friday, June 27, 2008

Rita is getting Older...and life is better than ever


My little sister recently had a birthday. The girl who I used to change diapers for, babysit for and babysit our brothers with, share dolls with, give hand-me-downs to, watch run cross country races, write from my mission, have amazing bon-fires with, double date best friends with, travel with, lay out in Rocky Pointe with, discuss our parents, friends, etc. with, get lectures from on being more private and appropriate, write to on her mission, dress up and go Halloweening together, attend singles ward with, talk crap about Sumo before they got together when he was being flakey with, watch get married in the temple, be a bit jealous of for her amazing life, spirit, heart and tight little body, and now watch her be an amazing mom of sweet Olivia has now turned 26. Rita married an aweome guy. I love hanging out with them together. Sumo always plays to the logical side of life, and has an opinion about everything. They have alot of fun together and were meant for each other. I am so excited to see what life has in store for my favorite two people as they keep making all their Mormon Dreams come true.
Rita, Jodi and AK at my 30th birthday. I love Rita with blond hair. She loves to try out hair colors almost as much as I do. Sumo loves her blond and so do I.
Rita hanging out with Mitch's son Drew. Rita loves kids and was a nanny of some awesome special needs kids. She also paid her karma dues working in the YMCA preschool. She learned alot from all her time with others' kids. She will do awesome with her own.
This is me and Rita at the Oasis Insurance party. I am djing and she is offering me some sisterly support. I love this picture cause we look good.
Mitch playin it cool in the back. This is all of us at AK's 30th. Rita looks ready to burst but the baby still has 3 months left to go at this point. Dang Rita you sure make a cute pregnant girl. Next to Rita is her honey/husband Sumo.
Sisters. Tamra, Rita and Jodi enjoying a Goodman family dinner. Rita is the glue that holds us together. Not really but she sure keeps us appropriate and not talking about things we shouldn't at family gatherings...thanks Rita.
Introducing Olivia. Rita is such a good mom. She is embracing motherhood one-hundred percent. I am so proud of my sister Rita for living right, marrying an awesome guy, working hard, knowing her priorities and being so good to others. Olivia is so lucky to have Rita as a mom.
This is Rita's baby shower. Once again she looks fantastic. I miss the old Rita style with those dragon shoes (the platforms with a dragon on the side, Sumo's favorite), the thrift clothes (thanks to my influence) and all the clearance items from Ross and Marshal's. But your new classy style is awesome too. Nothing wrong with being classy.

5 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

sO SWEET!!! What a tribute to your little sis!!! Wheres my tribute to your fave cuz in utah

the Pearce Place said...

WOW what a tribute to Rita! I didn't know she was so loved :), it's been awhile since I've checked out blogs. Are you still in Alaska???

Jamie said...

I think Whit is a little confused being that I am your favorite cousin in Utah. Silly girl!

sheri rog said...

you're lookin' good, too you know! i'm loving your cute tops!

Bowman Family said...

You guys have such a great relationship!

Stats