Friday, June 27, 2008

MY HOUSE IS A MESS

My house is being infested with termites. It seems that there is saw dust everywhere. Well not really. The house I live in was originally a church on the road to Chena Hot Springs. It was built in 1912. It was insulated with Saw Dust. How do I know this. The roof of this place is currently being replaced. As they were trying to take off the old roof, a lot of hammering went place. Much of the saw dust spilled out through the crevasses. All this saw dust made me think it was termites. As you can see I am eating pretty healthily. Lots of Ritz and Granola bars, covered in saw dust.
This is my bathroom. I am living on the third story of the church/house. My toilet is covered by a tarp and the bath tub is filled with roof debris.
As the workers were tearing off the old roof, they found more than just saw dust as insulation. Old beer cans, socks, rags and dresses were some of the things used in 1912 to insulate the house.
Yep that is my shower, i did shower in it a few times when it was like this... I felt "at one" with nature. Nothing like the beautiful blue sky overhead as one cleans oneself.
This is Maximo, he is one of the wokers checking out how the progress is coming on the roof. Thanks Maximo.

1 comment:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

WOW Jodie!! You are one tuff cookie!! I had to read your post a few times to see if it was termites or saw dust I am glad its saw dust!!!

Stats