Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goals, hopes and dreams (you don't gotta be Mormon or at least 100 percent mormon to have a dream)




You know when I talk to my friends about how life in Alaska isn't well, what I expected...they all say things like, "well at least you got it out of your system" or "you have always been talking about going, at least you finally did it". Hmm. I had a list of a bunch of things I wanted to accomplish here. This is the list dated April 14, just a few weeks before I got here.

1. Make 18,000 dollars so I can pay off credit cards, buy an airstream to live in during law school, buy 2 dogs and new clothes at last chance.

2. Make out with 5 Alaskan Mountain Man (none of you are surprised that was on my list).

3. See wild animals and take their pictures.

4. Decide where i will go to Law School (i figured the cold mountain air would clear up my indicisive thoughts).

5. Go kayaking in the waters up here, at least sea kayaking.

6. Loose 25 pounds (no surprise here, it is on every Jodi's Goals List since 1993)

7. And of course do some missionary work (you gotta throw that in for good measure).

JUNE 5, 2008...This is what the list looks like today, I did some updating, with my recent information.

1. Hopefully make 6000 in profit, to pay off most my credit card debt and maybe buy some 'Bunny Boots'

2. Drive a bus safely with no accidents.

3. Hand out my business cards to the people I meet on my tour and get 100 new blog readers....it could happen.

4. Somehow keep my body tight and looking good, i mean lets be honest a good 37 percent of my law school dreams are meeting my lawschool soulmate or at least a hippie boy in the area.

5. Read 25 books and watch 10 videos on Alaska so that I have interesting things to talk about on these long ace (i don't like to say ass) tours.

6. Not sell out and be cheesier/phonier for the tips...i gotta be true to my self, i gotta just exist at a comfortable cheesy/phony level, not too much or too little.

7. Enjoy this the summer of 2008. Oh yeah, there are 2 kinds of 30. The good kind and the yikes. I gotta hold onto the good kind. Today a friend was showing me his 30 year old stalker, I hate that I have to share '30' with the yuckers out there. Come on 30 year old peeps, let's keep 30 tight and lookin good (yeah this is the moment where I don't talk about 19 year olds and the much older men they end up with, this is the moment where I just say Summer Solstice is on her way, come up to Fairbanks and visit big Jodi, I can tell you 'bout the Pipeline and we can pan for Golden Nuggets.

Goals, hopes and dreams...constantly changin and rearangin. Oh the peeps up top are my Alaskan Princess Cruise Drivin Family.... gotta love the road.

2 comments:

Jaime S. said...

this was a good blog. thanks for sharing!

AK said...

Jodi
I have to tell you about my dream last night. I dreamt that a group of my pals were all going on a trip together and you were driving us in a freaking huge bus. Mitch was there and so was my sis Lisa and about 10 other randomites. For some reason I started the trip off standing on the front of the bus on the bumper holding a scooter (the push with your foot kind not a motorized one). You let me stand there while you drove. A while after we drove I dropped my scooter, so you stopped to let me get it. When I went to get in the bus you left me. The funny part of the dream to me is that when you left me I was so angry….. I was so mad at Mitch and Lisa for not making you turn around. I wasn’t mad at you at all. I woke up super mad at them for leaving me. I thought it was funny cuz you were the driver and I was angry with you. Hmmmm weird dream, I wonder what it all means.
Love ya girl
ak

Stats