Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A day in Kenicott. Jodi goes on an Airplane.




One of the many perks of being a driver/guide(besides dumping the crap from the on board toilet, and getting my back all sore and knotted up and spending my days on the road, far from the ones I love) is that we get to do cool things that the regular tourists get to do for free. So far I have only done a few including a rail ride and panning for gold nuggets. However, I had the chance to do something pretty cool. I got to see a bit of the Wrangle-St. Elias National Park by plane, and I got to visit a tour an awesome old copper mill in Kenicott AK.

The best part of this day was hanging out with Steve and Barb. They were on my coach for the 2 day trip and on the off (in between day) I drove them to the air stip and caught a ride with them. Barb even bought me banana bread and they were both super cool. It was a great day. The guide was very informative and inspired me to develop a better tour. So the pics are of me getting comfy with our pilot, Jodi and Barb on the bridge, and Me posing by our plane. I used to think being a pilot would be so cool. But I got air sick and realized becoming an aviator is just a dream that gets crossed out of the notebooks (you know what I am saying Rita, AK, mom, mitch, sumo...well probably you all know by now, I put goals and plans in a notebook and then work on the plans as life changes, well the flight to Kenicott made life change....no more pilot dreams)

2 comments:

Jaime S. said...

should we know barb and steve?

Team Caldwell said...

those are some pretty tight window seats! I am thinking BArb was jealous! Hope he smelled fine for an alaska man! Cousin says hi!

Stats