Thursday, June 19, 2008

OLIVIA!!!! and everything else.

Rita is always sending me pics of Olivia via our cell phones. IT is so much fun, being on a random bus job, and then getting a sweet reminder that I got a niece who is super Rad.

I have about 53 days left in Fairbanks, not that anyone is counting. LOL. I feel like I want to be like all the photography ladies and say, "i will be in AZ for 4 days from the 13th to the 18th. I have 4 'sessions' available where I can DJ your wedding, so you better sign up now, because these wedding dj/party dj sessions feel up quickly. Who knows, if anyone is getting married on Aug. 13th-17th, let me know and I be your dj.

I am in the library quiet area and I just realized i have been chewing my gum loudly...sorry Jamie, I know this upsets you tons. I sort of got what I deserved, an old guy was on a 6 hour tour and popped his gum the whole time. I offered him water, TWIX and lifesavers to no available the smacking, popping, etc. continued all the way from the Riverboat to Denali National Park.

I have recently discovered podcasts, the ones you can get from ITUNEs and I am so into them. Music, news and all things Alaska are covered in these casts and I love em. Love em. There is even a podcast about being Raw but the girl annoys me because she stole my idea about doing a documentary sort of like SuperSize Me(the guy who ate McDonalds for 30 days straight) this girl was Rawsome for 30 days. Oh well.

I got prettied up today. Usually up here I am a granola at her finest... all curly, tangled hair; no makeup; sometimes I forgets to deotorize; eating my prunes and trailmix, etc. But today I put in red ear rings and am wearing makeup... sometimes you gotta mix it up.

Fairbanks is not that cool as far as I am concerned. Now that being said, 95 percent of my time/ social life is centered around the princess bus barn. Blar. 2nd thing, people are not tipping. and this is even on days when i do deotorize. It is just not very lucrative to be up here. I will not be back unless the internships for Idaho law students are not plentiful. And heaven help me I hope they are plentiful.

I like to eat Salmon and Halibut, guess what I love Petes Fish and Chips more than anyone. But this is a different fishy goodness. Sea Food, at least the two varieties I just mentioned are good. And I like Clam Chowder.

The Singles Ward in Fairbanks is not the place for 30 year old woman like Jodiane to find their soulmates. I'm just saying, nothing looks that good (now I have been in the 'dynasty' of Mesa Singles for awhile now and I am used to certain things and those things are not plentiful in Fairbanks) now that being said, I am the woman who internet dated for a short while....if I am willing to "leave no stone unturned", I guess I ought to not be so tough on the Fairbanks.

I don't know if it has made news down in the lower 48, but there are 2 woman missing in Denali National Park. They are employees of Princess and were doing an overnight hike. Anyways, one had a flight the next day to head to Houston for her sister's wedding, and one had to be at work. They are missing and no sign of what happened. Princess flew their families out and there is a huge search going on for them. I think it is super sad and scary. I have been talking to locals and most suspect foul play. I even learned about some of the strange cult groups that live in this area. I hope that somehow the girls are ok, or at least they can find out what happened to them.

I love you all, see you soon. XO

5 comments:

Mary Postert said...

I saw that headline yesterday about the two girls missing in Denali Park and I frantically skimmed the article to make sure it wasn't you.

Seth said...

"2nd thing, people are not tipping. and this is even on days when i do deotorize."

I lol'd so hard.

Jaime S. said...

I hope those girls are o.k. Dang it, I hate when stuff like this happens.
Thank you for the mention on the gum. I like to be recognized. I think you inspired a blog on that one.

Auburn said...

Your blog is freakin' hilarious. Pure entertainment. Keep the posts coming. Maybe it's even funnier to me b/c I've spent time in the Alaska goodness chasing MOOSE...or maybe your just dang funny . . . I don't know.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Jodi I hope you are doing well. I love popping on and reading about you. You really are a blessing in the lives of so many. Such a smile! I can imagine that it is slightly refreshing to live in a place where granola is the standard! Go Jodi!

Stats