Friday, June 27, 2008

Jodi goes on a whale watching cruise through Prince William Sound

As a driver/guide sometimes we get bonus trips. I sold 13 tours to Prince William Sound via Valdez AK to 13 of my guests, which meant they needed a driver. So I drove them the 2 hours from Copper to Valdez and got to go on the cruise myself. It was definitely a long day and I found myself sleeping on the boat. I ate a lot licorice and drank 3 hot chocolates. It was a good day. These are Stellar Sea Lions. They are fat and lazy and gross me out. This is a bachelor pad, no ladies chillin here. Sort of like Alaska in the olden days.
This is ice floating off the Columbia glacier. It was very plentiful more evidence that Al Gore was correct in his movie 'An Inconvenient Truth'. Yes the glaciers are receding.
This is a piece of glacier ice that one of the boat workers fished out of the ocean. It must be an old piece because it is crystal clear. They say the clearer the ice the more years it has been under the pressure and layers in the glacier.
Just some boats...
Hanging out and being lazy some more. How great is life as a sea lion bachelor.

1 comment:

sheri rog said...

this is seriously beautiful! i would LOVE to do something like this.
in another life, maybe.

Stats