Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Adventures on the road....


This is Mt. Denali. This is the big one. Some people come to the interior of Alaska simply to see this baby. I don't think they are coming simply to see Fairbanks (but i could be wrong). It was cool to pull over to the side of the road and see this monster. Obviously i was in my sexy sexy bus driver outfit, which includes a fleece vest and my black strechy pants I bought at Goodwill. Anyways, what a sight.

Lately they have been cutting down on our hours. This is my 5th day off. I am not that excited about having so many days off, but it is cool to be able to sleep in and read a lot. The problem with having 5 days off and no car is that I can't go anywhere cool. I have some friends and we are thinking about taking the days off next week (after I get back from the Highway trip, 6 days) and going on a huge adventure. We have a few mountain ranges we want to check out. Either the Brooks range which is up in the north or the Wrangle-St. Elias range which is just southeast of where we are. Either way, I have sort of stopped agonizing over the lack of money (not that plentiful due to the Economy and less tourists than was initially projected for) and have just decided to go with it, hopefully having more adventures.

My friend is now planning his adventures for after the season. I am a bit envious for his freedom. I would love to travel and see the world from a terra tryke or spend time again in Central America maybe Antigua Guatemala or somewhere in Beliz. However, I have to put that adventure seeking side away or at least funnel into my new adventure side...that of law student.

I can't wait to start school again. I am flying home on the 12th of Aug. and will spend a few days with my family especially with baby Olivia. Also Willy my 21 year old brother will be home from BYU so we can all be together as a family. I am already making lists of restaurants I want to eat at, how many times I will go to last chance and the friends I will definitely want to see. I hope that I can also find a kayak/bike rack for the Element. Yes I am loving my time in AK but I can't wait for life in Moscow. And that will be a new adventure for sure.

1 comment:

Janee said...

what an adventure! i envy you, jodi!

Stats