Sunday, April 13, 2008

I loathe you.

I just had the best weekend. Can I tell you how much fun it was. Catching up with Arianne, dinner with Rita and Sumo, movie with Monique and Amy, volunteering at the practice swims on Friday and Saturday mornings, Djing Justin's Wedding Reception, hanging out with Starr, getting together with my favorite people cause Cameo and Lynn are moving their family to Denver for nursing school, and we all won't be together for a long time, laughing harder than I have in quite sometime (with fore mentioned favorite people), being a volunteer at the real iron man (i will write a detailed post soon), and then going to church, hanging out with my family. Yet, after all this happiness and goodness in my life. Tis time for lameness to enter, the house party.

Sunday Night Pazzooki (cookie dough in mini pans with ice-cream on the top) Party. I loathe these people. I loathe their overly sweet minty fresh breath, I loathe their over done up makeup, I loathe their over expressive faces, I loathe the dudes watching the door hoping something hot walks in, I loathe this scene. I do.

I know I am stressed, thank goodness this last year of my life taught me about stress cause I am deep in it. And yes, it could be possible I am taking out my anxiety and stress out, on the Single Scene, especially as it unfolded at the party. I guess I just for this moment, hate every single, single person at that party. I even hate myself for still having the gall to show up, and expecting a good time (well 6 out of 7x it is good on some level just not tonight). I know there will be some moment, or many when i am far away from the mecca and I will look back with fondness and longing for the days of "Pazzooki Parties". I know that day will come when there is not a chance in hell, that any of the men in the greater Philly area will be my EC and I will be stuck there for a lifetime, and I will long for the never-ending-buffet style of men I am used to here in the Mesa Mecca and yet.... I loathe this scene. Maybe just for tonight.

3 comments:

Jaime S. said...

been there. i have loathed before. that is the honest truth.

Jenny said...

Who will be attending Nursing School? Cameo or Lynn?

the Pearce Place said...

are you going to Philadelphia?!? I love the boating story, you should write a book, or just compile a bunch of short essays on life! Call it Jody's Jewels
or Join Jodi.... ok whatever! See you very very soon :)

Stats