Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chili....what it means to me.





When I was 4 i first realized I liked Chili. Mom would cook up a pot of 'food storage pinto beans', some hamburger from one of the cows we took to the butcher (that I used to milk, that was my job, maybe not at 4, at 4 I think I had to hold a bottle of milk to feed the calves, yes I was a farm girl) and some chili powder.

Then when I was 6 my grandparents got called to a mission in Chile. I remember it being a long time, and then they came back and I got a butterfly purse and a blue necklace pendant. I thought it was funny that place was called Chile where they were going, cause all I knew about was the pinto bean/dead pet cow chili.

Now I work at Chili's. Well I do for one more shift. Chili's is a place where I drank a ton of strawberry lemonades, where I mingles with the younger, wilder, dare I say 'less inhibited'. I definitely needed to supplement the substituting and DJing. Also, I realized I like serving people, as long as they tip 20 percent.

I am sentimental about my 3 Chili's/Chile for a few reasons.

1. I am trying out vegetarianism again (just let me say it, even if you don't believe Mitch, Sumo and you all) and there be meats in the chili.
2. My grandparents are getting old, and I am going to miss them when I go.
3. Saturday is my last shift at Chili's forever.... (well we have used that word before and I always come back here, so we will say for now). Chili's you have been good to me, and the friends I met there were awesome. PeaCe.

No comments:

Stats