Sunday, April 20, 2008

Crossroads...and things that happend this weekend

1. I went out to dinner with Anna at Pita Jungle, Jennea at Hachi Baba's, Sean at Mackey's and Yoko's. Basically this weekend, I ate at my favorite places, and I am happy.

2. I went with my friend Sean to his bike race and decided not to participate for a few reasons, I don't really no how to shift my bike that well, I just barely got my pedal clips and shoes and I don't have insurance, so if I get hurt it will be bad.

3. I went to a co-worker from Chili's Birthday Party. I learned what Beer-pong is (by observation only) and I got to hang out with out repeating the words, "I don't drink, I'm Mormon" like I used to. NO body asks me at those parties cause they know the answer.

4. I went to Stake Conference with my family, there was no room in the inn, so I sat out in the foyer with Monique. Honestly, nothing like the foyer at Stake Conference to help you be really glad you don't have kids, can't anyone keep them quiet, sheesh...it's not that hard.

5. Found out I was accepted to a few more Schools, Maine and University of Oregon. This just complicates things....in a good way.

6. Went to the first 30-39 year old fireside. It was interesting. My friend Anna used the phrase "fermenting hormones and broken dreams" to describe the feel of the night *her link is Anna's Adventures in my blog role. She said, it better than i could. Brownies and Ice-cream, looks when ever someone new came in, jodi making pro and con lists for her future (just figuring it out)....you gotta love a firesides.

7. Visited with my grandparents, my grandma showed me all her stretching exercises so that she keeps her circulation up... It was the cutest thing I have seen in a while. She told me she doesn't stretch in public, "so people won't think I am a nut". I laughed, because it's true, and I stretch all the time in public.

8. I got visit taught. One of the girls had just gotten back from an energy seminar and had some very interesting insights. I spoke about a movie I just saw called "Expelled". It is about Intelligent Design vs. Darwinism. It was OK, the other girls (I have three visiting teachers) gave lessons about Marriage. Good Job.

9. I got mad at Willy (my brother) because he brought up a dent that I noticed in the Element. Basically on our way out to Conference I noticed my car had a light dent. I think I bumped my kayak into the car while I was carrying it last weekend. Anyways, I got very upset, but finally forgot about it, then Willy reminded me of the dent. I hate that. My mind gets fixated on things, and it is hard for it to change the subject. Anyways, after 2 and 1/2 months of Willy being home, we had our first minor squabble. It was minor, but I felt bad for being so sensitive about the dent in my Element, I just love my car so much.

10. I love my sister Rita, and her cute belly. Baby Olivia will be here so soon, and I will be sad I won't be here to welcome her in. Especially since she is my first niece (and I have no nephews). Also, I want to see how Sumo is at being a dad before he gets used to it. Also, it will just be way cool to have a little baby around the Goodman home. It is definitely needed.

That is the breakdown. Tomorrow I sub, and serve. I got a lot to do this week. Have fun, be productive and enjoy your significant others or your freedom. Go Ducks.

2 comments:

Team Caldwell said...

you are a good girl to go to the next fireside level! Props to you. You should feel like a little youngin' in there! Brian comes home in June and we will be in AZ for a visit in July if you are here we need to hang out. Don't tell him I told you that!ha ha.
PS- my niece works at the pita jungle in tempe and is going to open the new one, small world!

Mugrunners said...

Hey chica, I don't know if this is the best way to reach you but I thought it was worth a try. Frist, I responded on Mugrunners about the c.d. exchange. Thought it was a good idea. Second, I am thinking about joining the wheatgrass nation but don't want to buy a juicer if I am not really going to commit fully. I was wondering if you have any alternative juicing methods? Smooches. Char.

Stats