Thursday, April 3, 2008

Definition of BLAR (adjective, interjection)

I got one comment on last post. The person, who will not be named asked what BLAr meant.

Origin: Well Blar is a word one of my favorite people used on a regular basis (he might have made it up), after our mission service. It is a combination of Blah and Argh. Even though I know Argh is not a word (spell check just taught me). I still love the idea of making a new word out of a real word and a made up word. I guess that is the creative genius + the English Teacher in me.

Location: Blar has caught on in many circles. I know it has a following in Utah around SLC. It is also used randomly in the second little mecca known as Mesa.

Usage: Blar can be used in many different ways. However, as an adjective is it's most popular and correct usage. For example," I feel so blar today". Blar can also be used as an interjection, meaning a spontaneous outburst. For example, You twist your ankle playing softball with team Chili's. As the pain engulfs you, you scream out, "Blar that hurts". Or if someone asks how you day is going, you can just say, "Blar". I personally like to use blar only for special occasions and blogging.

Thanks for asking about my favorite word, "blar". Thank you Willy Kent for being my zone leader, my friend, my one of many one's who got away, and the man who introduced me to the word Blar.

4 comments:

Mary Postert said...

I have a volleyball game tonight at 9:30 so if you come over, it's gotta be after 10:30. We'll save Lost though for you.

the Pearce Place said...

that was an excellent definition of blar, I'm excited for your byu waiting list- is that good? Is that where you would want to go?!?! You are going to become a lawyer... wow!

Jamie said...

Ok Jodi, I am so sorry that I missed you yesterday. It was a very busy day. But, I don't know how to get a hold of you. So, if you read this we MUST get together before you head home.

Pace & Gwen said...

You are hilarious. I am going to be an avid reader all throughout your's and Pace's law school - see what new words you come up with there. :) HA!

Stats