Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Annoyed. Like Never Before, Like Always

Why do you have to be so lame. I post my condo on the institute, with one room to rent. The girls call me and we set up a time for them to look at the open room. Case in point, it was only one and a half hours ago, that I returned the message that Sara left on my phone. I was happy to oblige even though I need to go put some finishing touches on baby Olivia's present (Rita's shower is tonight). I told the girl, you can come RIGHT NOW, or at 4 forty-five. She said, my friend and I will be right over. F-ing 90 minutes later, no Sara, no friend. only Jodi annoyed. Now, you may say, "jodi, calm down, everything gonna be alright". Problem is, this is the third time that I make plans to show the room, rearrange my schedule and then get flaked out on.

PS. can't wait till I'm a lawyer and I can charge people for their flakiness, right now all I got is the tool to blog it, and be annoyed in my heart. BLAR to flakey 19 year olds who can't keep their word. Now I guess I am going to give you a funny analogy. It is like when the dude you like, is flakey, or emotionally barren, or in love with /cheated on you with your best friend. I know the right answer is, "Gee you are lucky finding it out now, you didn't want him anyway". So this is like finding out about the flakes before you make the commitment aka letting them move into your space.... I always hated that saying, "you didn't want him anyway", because yeah, yeah i sort of did. God Bless Everyone. Even the unreliable, flaky pieces of crap who steal our time and sanity (did I used to be one?)

10 minutes later, i just realized i flaked on my lds mingles boyfriends. Oh i am sorry for being so insensitive and flakey, my blog helped me realize your pain/annoyance was real. But business flakiness is like 10x worse than social, or the other way around. Whatever.

4 comments:

sumo said...

"4 forty-five"

Never seen that before. Took a minute to register...

paul said...

I read this in 2 parts, and before I got to the last paragraph, I was thinking to myself, "does she remember her conference/flaking-on-every-boy-in-UT post?" but then I finished reading the post. Good job on the introspection.

Ashley Harris said...

It was so fun seeing you at Rita's shower, I had no idea so much drama had occurred just a short time before!

I just read all of your recent posts and have not been that amused at a blog in a really, REALLY long time - it makes mine look terribly boring!

I hope you're able to find someone to rent out your room, and I really hope she's normal - I hear there are a ton of crazies out there. Oh, and I love it that you're going to be a lawyer, I think that's a great fit for you. Anyway, it was fun seeing you, maybe I'll see you when Rita has her baby!

the Pearce Place said...

That would drive me crazy too- I have no patience, no sympathy, you are totally in the right here :)!!!

Stats