Tuesday, April 22, 2008

6th grade vs. Hell

When I was in 6th grade I was a bitch. Honestly. I know that is hard for all to believe because I am just so freaking cool now. But I made life hard for Mr. Montoya. I was in the cool class, and was the class clown. I had no respect for him, I complained, I was loud, etc. I even made him cry once. I bragged about it until 9th grade (I have always been a bit on the immature side). He just tried to use that teacher (appeal to the human decency/kind/good hearted/human part of the student) mumbo/jumbo on me. I simply ignored his attempts and later, bragged about being the only girl who could make my teacher cry. I must've been quite the bitch/pill/annoyance or in other words 6th grader.

Today while subbing the 6th graders (and it wasn't even that bad, they had all their specials, including an hour with the counselor and they switched classes in the PM, so I had them for say 2 hours overall) it all came back to me. How utterly horrible I was to the teacher who cared the most and put forth so much effort to reach and reaffirm me (he was such a better teacher than I could dream of being). I was Horrible. I am emailing Mr. Montoya (I found him through Google today while the kids were at recess). I am apologizing to him and letting him know how great he was, I mean I remember details.

On another note, I am staying away from students in their adolescent stage...I have learned 6th grade is hell, 7th grade is never ending torture and 8th grade, now thats where things get really ugly. I just need to be reminded sometimes.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you still coming on your fact finding tour and staying with me?

Jaime S. said...

let us know what Mr. M replies to your email.

Jamie said...

You a class clown?...I'm not sure I believe it! Have you decided where your going to law school? Sounds like you have a bunch of options. I'm still pulling for Provo! I have my reasons.

Mary Postert said...

That is so awesome that you are emailing him. It will totally make his day.

Midnight Madness tonight!

Stats