Friday, May 8, 2009

what was i thinking.....

So i am a little sleep deprived. I got 5 hours 2 nights ago and 3 last night. All for the love the perfect final exam score (aka what i will get in the class because the final is 100 percent). So the exam started at 8 thirty and went to 11. But around 9:47 i think my mind began to think 10 thirty was the deadline. I don't know why it thought that. But i kept watching the clock. Writing faster and faster and 10 thirty approached. At 10:26 I was annoyed i wasn't getting my 5 min. warning. At 10:31 i was pissed that the proctor hadn't come in and shut us down. So as to not be in breach of the honor code I got up with my test. It wasn't till i got half way down the hallway that I realized i had stopped 30 min. only.

Now I don't stop early, i write till i can't write no more. And because i hand write the exams i am not as speedy as others. And i don't like to go through my exams to check mistakes, i just write and write and write. When others leave early, I think to myself, "who do they think they are, there is always more to write." So my heart sunk as i realized i had 30 more minutes. Oh well. I think i did great on this exam. And because professors like concise answers and the "fake" time limit i set for myself, forced me to be concise (and write a little sloppily) i am hoping for the best, who knows maybe i am one of those people who do the best under extreme pressure. Maybe this will be the A that I need, all because of a "made up" time constraint.

This blog is really just telling the world, one of my coping mechanisms is to cope with my mistakes (which if you know how i fell about law school exam-super intensity) is to trying to look on the bright side. Blar. Why did I do that??

Oh well. I think i did great on the e

2 comments:

arianne said...

Way to go, Jodi. You smarty pants, you.

Diane... said...

almost 1/3 done with LS...after one more final...GREAT JOB Jodi!!!!

Stats