Friday, May 22, 2009

Squeaky Wheel.

My best friend AmyK, works with credit. I won't explain exactly what she does, because I don't know really. But I do know that when I didn't like my credit APRs, Amy said to call and ask for a lower rate, because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

When I was visiting Valerie in Florida, an issue came up that was not pleasing to her and she was immediately on the phone, taking care of business, in a voice and tone that I was impressed and a little bit scared by. She was confident and in control...getting her way, or at least attempting to because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

My friends have learned that in this world, to get what you want (or at least have a chance) you gotta speak up. I am learning that too, sometimes. 

I signed up for mediation, I was in the civil mediation class. Unknown to me at the time, this wasn't a good choice. However 1 day into the course and with a little question asking, I quickly realized it was relatively useless...because in order to mediate civil cases, one must have 5 years experience. So of corse, figuring this out a little late, I immediately wanted to drop the course. I went to the registrars and was told i would only get half of my tuition back, a loss of 567 dollars. Now, I was not happy about that, so decided to stick it out. However after I expressed my unhappiness with this "useless class to my immediate future" I was given the option to change to the Family mediation class. This was a great option and a great choice. With 60 hours of training, I will be able to mediate pro bono. I am absolutely excited about this. I am not supposed to mediate for friends, so if you get divorced don't call me. But in a few years and someone you know (who i don't know) is getting a divorce and wants to try mediation before litigation, send them my way. Or if they want to litigate, send them my way too. 2011. Sometimes a squeaky moment, gets you back rolling in the right direction. 


1 comment:

Nancy Pitney said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog--it was very nice! I am glad you told me about your blog, so I can see what you're up to now. I totally agree about the squeaky wheel thing. Unfortunately, I am always afraid to make a big fuss for some reason. That's why I have my husband. He has no qualms demanding things! I hope to talk to you soon too--call me when you are in AZ!

Stats