Thursday, May 21, 2009

GEtting my monies worth....

I am an American.

If I order popcorn at the movie theater and i am on a diet...for 50 cents more I can go from Large to Extra-Large (and get a free refill) I might just get the Extra-Large because it is a value. No worry that my chubs are getting bigger, I want to get what i paid for. Hence the "Super-size" mentality.

I signed up for mediation class ( a 2 credit, one-week class) and then I decided I didn't like it. I didn't think it was worth it. It costs 565 a credit. By day 2 (before classes started for that day) i decided I wanted to withdraw and get my money back. But when i went to the registrars they said i could withdraw but only get half my money back. Blar. I decided the class wasn't worth 1100 but was worth more than 565, so decided to stick it out. I wan't to get my monies worth.

I am now looking for a new home. I must be out of my home by June 1st. I know I don't want to live with other people. Law school has made me even harder to get along with and dare I say less pleasant than my always pleasant self. Also, I don't want to have to talk to people when i am in my mega stressed out state. Plus living with that whiny dog, is all I can take...sort of soured me to having roomates (human or not). As the hunt goes on, I am trying to get my monies worth. It is tough. I want space, I want wood floors, I want wsg(water, sewer, garbage) included. I want a good deal.

We American's want our monies worth. I came to Idaho hoping to get a bargain price on an awesome legal education...but sometimes getting our monies worth comes at a cost. Just like the popcorn may be a good deal but is gonna be bad for the diet. Sometimes getting your monies worth comes at a price. I hope this made sense... I am on the prowel looking for bargains in my life ( i guess that happens when you got no monies and piles of debt).

1 comment:

Nancy Pitney said...

You are so right! Why do Americans always want the biggest? (Cars, houses, popcorn). We should just be satisfied with what we need, but we're not. It's got to be ingrained in the culture or something. Good luck with the house hunting! I don't know how the market is in Idaho, but it seems like there should be some pretty good deals out there considering the state of the economy!

Stats