Friday, May 22, 2009

my roots...

Grandma G. is quite a sassy lady. She laughs too much, just like me (or how i used to) and she always wanted to get out and see more of the world, just to have a good time. She was a no nonsense school teacher, and now just chills at the house (and what a clean house it is)

My Grandpa G. is very old now. All the people he used to know, including all his siblings have been gone for awhile. I worry about him the most, because of his age. He used to teach Highschool and was the baseball coach. Lot's of people i meet used to be his students. He used to call me "jodi jump" and said I could be better at Volleyball than Karrie if I would just jump higher. He was a sealer in the temple, and I always wanted him to be the sealer when I got married, but now he is too old. *note: my grandparents Goodman are still happily married to each other.
These are my moms parents. When he saw her he said, "i am gonna marry that girl with the bushy hair" and so he did. I miss them. Grandpa has made the world more beautiful and productive by being an agronomist all over this planet. Grandma has shown a lot of strength as she has had to overcome a broken hip and a stalf infection. She has been a great example. They have served missions together, done humanitarian work and have been good to all those they meet. And I am so proud of their life together and love for each other.


These are my favorite people. They have a good time no matter what. They taught me right. And I respect both of them so much. I am glad they can finally be grandparents, and Dad can be the bishop. Both are such hardworkers, and it did take hardwork raising the 6 wild kids. My mom blogs sometimes 4 times aday, I think I have a little of that in me too. She is so positive and good to everyone she meets. Plus she is very beautiful (inside and out). My dad is the most honest man I know. He is not judgemental, and he keeps trying to get better all the time. I am proud of my roots.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Me too. Great post.

Debbie said...

and with good reason!!! you come from good stock Jodi. We love your parents!! and grandparents. It was interesting for me to see pictures of your mom's parents. She definitely favors her dad while Leone favors her mom. Missing you. hope law school is going well and that you are too stressed with tests!!

Rita said...

I agree with Jamie and Debbie. They are all so great! I hope you are still laughing too much, it is one of the many things I love about you!

Diane said...

WOW...you are surrounded with OLD PEOPLE...good thing that you are still YOUNG & BEAUTIFUL (unlike those photos in your last post....you really had to search to find those!!)

Nancy Pitney said...

What neat legacy. You are so lucky to be close to your grandparents. I never really knew mine. It's nice that they have been such great examples to you.

Tsanders said...

What a nice post Jodi. I have always felt lucky to be close to my grandparents and I tell my kids they are very lucky to have their great grandparents still living. You are an A+ grand-daughter. This might get you to the top of the list above the Peterson cousins. Hahahaha Jamie and Whitney I hope you laugh at that one.

Stats