Sunday, May 18, 2008

Loves in Fairbanks.....

I am not sure what to say about my past loves.... i am not sure how to define what has happened since the first time I kissed Tad on 5th Ave. on New years in Highschool, followed quickly by a smoochie from 'Tinsell Tim' (quick note, ran into Tad at the Cafe Rio, he didn't remember me...shoot) to the recent 'hunt for men, like I am a native Alaskan hunting for Moose and Buffalo before the cold ace winter'. JK. But in all truths, something gotta change.

As I sit outside my one bedroom apartment, let's be honest because outside is the only place I can get wireless internet (aka stealing from someone else, OTIS blocked me already and linskeys just ain't coming in loud and clear) I am wanting to share with you a funny event that had nothing to do with loves but was typical Jodi.

I decided I needed to fast today. For spiritual and selfish reasons (I getting chubs out here). By the end of church I was starvin. I was waiting patiently for the Hawaiian haystack extravaganza to begin.... (in Alaska I take what I can get). The 'munch and mingle' commity was slower than usual. I saw a young man with the most beautiful mullet of all time. He was sitting on the comfortable chairs so I decided to mingle myself right over. He was awkward but silent. I appriciate silent awkardness. Then he got up... went to the kitchen. Then returned 2 minutes later with hot chocolate. I saw him enjoying that hot chocolate.

I asked, "is that for everyone". He said, "No just for me, I get tired and hot chocolate wakes me up". I said, "I get tired too". He told me where the chocolate was hidden, and off I went". You know the mingles committee hates the person who is all in the kitchen, making something on their own, instead of waiting for the meal like everyone else. I didn't care. I had been fasting, and I was tired, i needed some hot chocolate to wake me up...just like Jack, my mullet friend from Tennessee.

As I was reflecting back to Lehi 4th days. I snuck food all the time. But someone always called me out on it. And yet here, no one said a word. I wonder if the Fairbanks Singles don't care, but I think they did. I just think sometimes you let the mullet boy and the 30 year old new girl do what ever the hell they want....because if anyone in the singles ward deserves some chocolate goodnessess... you know we do.

4 comments:

Jaime S. said...

bring on the hot chocolate for those that deserve it! p.s. don't smell the microphone.

AK said...

i guess things never change. remember at Lehi 4th when you ate the peanut butter cups in the frig and they were for that girl Lisa's lesson? that was pretty funny!!

Starr Phippen said...

We miss you Jod! Just think you could be enjoy the nightmare that is the end of the school year... AK beats that for sure!

LaurenOpie said...

Hi... you have no idea who I am, I found your blog from someone's (my cousin-in-law Jill) blog roll 2 months ago, and I have been lurking here ever since. I too was a Chili Head (that's what they called us at our training, lol) and enjoyed reading your stories. And I think once you might have been our server, but my husband wouldn't let me say "Hi, I read your blog" bc well honestly it just creepy. But I wanted to leave a random comment and make myself known, and let you know I lol when I read your updates. Really I'm just a semi-bored stay at home mom envious of your crazy life in Alaska. Sometimes. Like when it's 108 out already. So maybe knowing you have a random "fan" here will make you feel special, or creeped out. I'm hoping special.

Stats