Thursday, May 1, 2008

I arived.

So I landed in Fairbanks today at 3 thirty. It is cold, and deary and makes me think, "what the hell am I doing here?" I think everyone will be proud of me for a few reasons. First, I am planning on sticking it out, even though I have no car and housing is pretty expensive up here. Also, I flirted my way to getting rides from the shuttle bus driver (i don't know if it is his job or not, and yet I flirt nonetheless. And it is working he drives me places not on his route).

My dream of being a driver in Alaska is coming true. I am tired, and it is 11 pm here and still light out side, and so it begins. I will be here through the summer, and then off to law school. Sumo thinks I will only last 30 days (if that, I mean we all remember my untimely exodus from Reno) and yet I believe i will stick (yet it would be a lie if I said, I had not comtemplated and yes planned a way to get out of here, me being a commitment-phobe) and yet Cameo had the best advice. She said, "Jo, you gotta stick in Alaska even if it is hard, cause Law School is gonna be hard and you gotta know you can stick the hard stuff". Thanks Cameo.

So that's it, I will send pics, I will send stories, and hopefully I make some monies to pay the Visas. Goodnight lower 48, i miss you.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Look at you....Living it up Alaskan style! And where are you going to law school? I must of missed that post, (although I'm not sure how) with your decision.

Mary Postert said...

We missed you last night after the tute. I agree though, you gotta stick it out. You gotta know you can do it.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

WOW! I cannot wait to see pictures. I am so happy that you blog. You make things sound so fun! So how cold is it?

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you and yes, a little envious....living in Alaska is something I have always wanted to do! STICK IT OUT for sure! Of course you can do it, and you will be finding out all the great places to go so we can all come to visit later! ENJOY ENJOY!

Jenny said...

I'm sure you'll do well. Just remember, it isn't law school that's hard to stick with it's the being a Lawyer.

Stats