Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Getting Fit.

The stress of Law school has not been especially kind to my body. Plus in the cold winter, getting plumper just happens. So today (after china buffet of course) I decided, if I can rock the Appellate brief (it's not "brief" by the way, it puts life on hold for 5 weeks). I can start rocking the gym.
However, what did I expect...the best part of Idaho is the fry sauce, something i missed these 11 years I wasn't in Idaho. I also love Tabasco (discovered in Jackpot Nevada with Krysal, Cousin and Mr. Bigelow) now I love Tabasco on almost everything but especially on my fries. These two sauces are like old friends, and I am gonna miss them, as I try to make my "law school back chubs" aka "new friends" go away.
This is Miss Jenifer Pleasant (aka Pleasy) and I enjoying a basket of fries. WE are hard-working law school students, we deserve it....but now I deserve to start fitting in my clothes again, and feeling sexy enough to flirt with the Idaho boys in the ward who are 6 years younger than me. so bye-bye french fries, and all your goodnesses (fyi-fries are better in Idaho b/c the potatos are so fresh I decided).
Here I am all googly-eyed because I am eating this wonderful burger. It was one of those "as big as a plate things" so we had to cut it in fourths. At first we said we would each only eat one fourth and give the rest to Pleasy's fiance, but we ended up eating the whole thing....YIKES. Now I gotta pay the price. It is sort of like the debt i was talking about a few posts ago. Party now, Pay Later...and my health is paying.

So this is official for the record. No more China Buffet (yeah eating there tonight, probably what is bringing this on, it just made me feel sluggish) No more Subway "spicy Italain" sub for 5 dollars, No more Dairy Queen Runs just because, "I got a coupon". This is the time for taking my health back, and not eating out because of law school stress (as if i have ever needed a reason to eat out). I am going to start eating healthy, drinking more water, and working out more. Maybe in a few months I can post an after pic (hopefully minus the back chubs)

5 comments:

Team Caldwell said...

the spicy italian is so good though! you can make fry sauce with no fat mayo and no sugar added ketchup! not the same but can work in a fix. you go girl. don't give up that tobasco though. it's not bad for you. (fyi- try chalua it's good too!) i am with you just not in picture form you brave woman.

Melissa said...

Great post Jodz. Good luck man. Weight will be my struggle for my whole life.

Diane said...

the "Appellate breif (not brief) rocking " was great...way to cover yourself from the blogger correcting groupies!!! So you found your ring???!

Jodiane said...

Mom, i had mispelled brief... so inadverntantly you pointed it out. love you that (you are a spelling Nazi).

Pleasy said...

You can do it! I hope your motivation rubs off on me. Maybe we can save China Buffet for next Fall when we come back to school. Goodbye deep fried cream cheese wontons.

Stats