Thursday, March 12, 2009

Classy Traveling Hair




"Pappi where are you? Give Mammi a call..." There is this big, old, Mexican flight attendant who left her bags alone in the airport for 20 minutes...how do i know this because we are charging our electronics next to each other, her a cell phone (in which she as Mammi calls Pappi-Marie I am thinking of you and your "Pappi" Ed. right now), me, I am charging my mac...so I can write some more of my paper and maybe blog a bit. I have been in Portland for 2 hours now. I will be here for at least 2 more hours. That is right, i shop the cheap flights....

So far I sat between a man who had one black hair growing out of his nose, works for a Japanese company, and who started having kids when his wife was 35 (this was meaningful to me, because the last week about 4 different people have made it clear, that I am no spring chick anymore, and that if I want to have any babies (they don't know I still harbor the desire to have at least 6 possibly 8 out of my own womb) I better start making it happen...but then there is the usual trail off in the voice about technology and modern medicine, maybe making it possible that my old cob-webbed womb might, might be able to reproduce.

On the other side of the lone nose hair man, was a 76 year old woman, who looked fantasic, who mentioned 4x that the biggest problem in the modern world is that people take too many pills, "there is a pill for everything, and the thing is those pills can kill you". But she did mention that her grandaugther is in Pharmacy school, so everyone has a price. Also I learned that she was married to the same man for 60 years, and they live in Preist River. But this was by far the best part of the conversation....
Jodi says, "Yeah, I agree with you, there is a lot to be said with Natural remedies, when my mom had breast cancer, my dad researched the remedies, and we were all drinking wheat grass, and spinach shakes",
Old Lady replies, "I had breast cancer too. Guess who discovered it?
Jodi gueses , "you"?
Old Lady says, "Nope, My husband". Then Old Lady begins to smile so slyly..."that was 10 years ago."
Jodi thinks, "Good job Old Lady and her husband."

3rd Person I met, was a man with the shiniest bald head who was waiting for his "bride." We talked about Nascar, cranberries and time shares....

I wish I had pictures of these people...but all I got is me in the pink Northface. Phoenix here I come.

3 comments:

Diane... said...

Jodi ... good you got to converse with these "interesting" folks....it'll make you better appreciate those you are coming home to!!! see you in a couple . . .

Mary Postert said...

I love airport stories.

Team Caldwell said...

give AZ a squeeze for me!

Stats