Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good Morning...

So yesterday, I woke up in the best mood. I even straightend my hair, made a veggie shake, got out the window scraper, and scrapped the 4 inches of snow off the element...and then was ready to go. It was 9:10, I had class at 9:30. It takes me 4-6 min. to drive to school. So I was doing good. Then what to my horror occurred? My car was stuck in the gravel. IT wouldn't budge. I got out. I tried to move some gravel under the tires, to give a little traction. I tried to reverse again. Nothing. Then I went to the back tires to break up the ice, to give all 4 wheels a chance to show off their all wheel drive abiliites. Nothing. Then I tried some more things, each time reterning to the attmepts to get the car unstuck. NOTHING. So i started walking. It is a 2 mile walk. I knew that my 9:30 class, property would be going over the midterm answers, a class I didn't want to miss.

I walked in the snow.

In my sweater boots (half suede/half sweater)

I walked some more. And tried to look as pathetic as possible so someone would give me a ride. Nothing.

Then a miracle happend.

An Astro Van, Taxi drove by me.

Then turned around and drove me again.

It cost me $4.50 plus a .50 cent tip...but I got to school only 10 min. late.

My sweater boots were soaked, but I didn't miss the class.

Thank you Astro Van Taxi Miracle.


Then my good friend Chip helped me get unstuck, after classes with his big American Truck and tow rope...

3 comments:

Rita said...

You have always had a special place in your heart for Astro Vans! That stinks about your boots! Looks like another trip to last chance is in order this week!

Diane... said...

YEAH!!! see you tomorrow!!!!!!

Jaime S. said...

I am proud of your determination to get to class. I'm glad the big American truck was able to help a foreign car out.

Stats