Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Obselete too quickly. Overwhelmed to Easily.

I never go to my myspace anymore.

I used to send out mass texts on a regular basis. It has been years except the most recent that said, "I am in agony, I am at the National Lentil Festival and I have cramps".

I am already tiring of blogs. Now I know you mothers and wives feel pressure to 'show off' how cute/great/fantastic/amazing/perfect your kids and husbands are. But I feel pressure to live my life to the fullest because I don't have what you have. I have this pressure to 'prove' that my life and the way I spend my time is valid/contributing/great stuff I can tell my kids and grandkids about/etc. Don't you all get tired of it. I know it is a great outlet, and it is fun to see where everyone is. But sometimes I just feel overwhelmed. I don't know if it is healthy to connect to a blog and instantly get a pretty painted picture of somebodies life, anybody.

I think facebook is gonna cause affairs. Or at least facilitate them. Mark my words something needs to be said(and it most likely will be in church). All of a sudden my whole graduating class is all on facebook and we are all of a sudden instantly connected to one another. I have heard that some of the people are messaging their ex boyfriends and girlfriends even though everyone is still married. Blar. I have to admit there are a few ex boyfriends that I am still in contact with, even if it is a harmless im ing once in awhile. I just am starting to feel overwhelmed with all the technology. At one point I decided to look online for friends/loves. Not the answer. I have so many passwords (for all my school, social, monies, payments accounts) and I keep getting pissed off when they don't work, and I got to admit, I forget them. And I am terrified of using the same one, so i always mix em up. I am addicted to facebook poker. It is an Alaskan adiction that I did when I was lonely. Facebook Poker and Zingers (a hostess snack). I try not to care about the Movie Stars, but Yahoo is my homepage and today there was a huge story on "Why Brittney Spears won't attend MTV's Music Awards" and "Madonna shows a video of McCain and Hitler in her recent concert and sings a song in the back ground". BLAR. And then my best friend Cameo read something online, about asking movie stars "Do you think the government should regulate how many kids people have?" And the whole article was movie stars' opinions. And this is the crap we are bombarded with. And it distracts me, it lures me in and it sickens me (both of the system and myself for being lured in).

There is this song from Pulp it is called 'Smile Like a Friend' and it says, "you take up my time, like some cheap magazine, when I could have been learnin something...oh well you know what I mean". And obviously he is talking about a woman. But here I am, at the crossroads... about to learn something but addicted to my time being taken up by distractions. Blar.

I hate it when stuff like this happens. I checked the button for expidited shipping and one out of the seven books I ordered has not arrived. 3 days after all the others. And all I want to do is give a negative review to that person. I am upset.

I hate (once again) that LDS Mingles, LDS singles, LDS linkup and an ex of mine (who is married, don't worry we are not talking on IM or facebook) started something called LDSzilla exist. I hate em. They bring no joy into my life and i have spent 105 dollars in my life time paying for that. 50 of it were from when I was having a fake profile picture and the rest for the real thing. What a waste of time and energy and self esteem (nothing like 49 year old men leaving you a smile and saying, "surprises come in unexpected packages, maybe we can discover each other" to make you want to throw up, and date 26 year olds you meet in real life).

But I do love pictures of Olivia, and I do like staying connected and I do like Facebook Poker, and I do like Wikepedia, and Woot, and Post Secret, and Amazon (when they send my books in a timely manner) and LDS meeting house locator.

Everything is gonna be OK.

6 comments:

LaurenOpie said...

Hi Jodi just wanted to let you know I can totally relate. In fact we are moving, and I was thinking I could possibly suggest to my hub that we shouldn't get internet in the new house. I waste so much precious time on here, reading about other people's lives. When I should be spending every second with my baby because it's going to go by too fast. I know this, and yet here I sit, thinking when I'm done with this I'll just check the space real quick, and see if anyone found me on the book. That's it, then I'll get on the ground and play with my daughter. Anyway, not that you needed a stranger to tell you, but I think you are right. Espcially about facebook facilitating in affairs.

Jaime S. said...

i gotta admit. the blog helps me get past the boring moments at work. never got into myspace and face book and never regreted it. i do have an lds link up account and all i ever get is invites to dj rome's parties. i've never met dj rome before but it's nice of him to include me.
peace out

Mary Postert said...

I agree with Jaime. Looking at blogs passes the time during those boring moments at work. But I also agree with you that Facebook facilitates in affairs. None of my ex-boyfriends (all two of them?) probably even know how to use a computer and have no clue about Facebook.

Seth said...

Maybe you should try a free alternative ... not specifically LDS, but the keyword is 'free' http://www.plentyoffish.com/ ... ya never know.

Team Caldwell said...

jodi just thinkg if not for facebook we never would have chatted! That was a first for me to do with someone other than cousin!! you are my chat first!!! ha ha. i am sad i just blogged for cousin and now that he's home i have on;y done a few! I like to read yours though because you are living the life baby!

Chambo's said...

So random comment from person you barely know...I told Jamie that I read these and that I'm not even sure why.. I wish I would have kept a blog when I moved to AZ without any friends here turned 30 here got engaged a bunch of times not while I was here (I never allowed a ring to be bought to keep myself guilt free), of course I read the blog opinion about that. Anyway, I wished I would have kept track of all the crap that went down cause now its all different. You'll be a mommy someday and you'r be attached to your husband and family but you single life is the yours and it's always gonna be good in that way....and you just can't blog the same when you get married, not sure why but there's some pressure... anyway long point,, I randomly enjoy the blogs ,, and I think a lot of people do. So for that Jodi Random girl I barely know thanks.

Stats