Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm 30



I have found myself silently repeating these words "i'm thirty", as I walk through campus and am surrounded by Freshmen girls and boys. Being 30 in a small campus is not that bad. But let's all be honest. I entered the MTC almost 10 years ago. I attended Ricks the 2 years before that. And let's be honest and thank goodness a lot of things have changed. I am definitely nervous being here in school again. I have had 3 days of orientation and tomorrow I am a witness in a mock trial for the 3Ls I am the coroner. It should be interesting. In a few minutes I am getting prepped for my testimony. And so it begins. Being 30 will hopefully make me a better student. Hopefully a student that can be patient with the 18 year olds.

I wish I could be like Jenifer Garners character and repeat, "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving"... I tried to flirt with an attractive law student named Gavin, but he asked me how old I was immediately and then sort of began to ignore me. Is 5 years too much of an age gap. I suppose one man's 'goddess', is another man's 'those freshman girls are looking alot better than you right now'. Oh to be the 'goddess O' 30'

The Day After the above post-After speaking to my mom, she wanted me to clarify that there are no 18 year olds in law school. They are only found around the campus. Also, we all know that after the men i once loved married younger woman, i once found myself a bit bitter about it, and yes sadly would work that angst into the blog. Alas, those days are gone. I have come to terms with all of that. Also, i myself seem to be drawn to men 4 to 2 years younger than me, so honestly, who am i to judge? The purpose of this blog was simply to state that being on campus at 30 is a new experience.


3 comments:

Sommer said...

You'll do great Jodi! I'll take 30over 18 anyday.

arianne said...

Jodi! I missed it! I'm sorry! Looking forward to all the new law school-related posts smelling of snow and potatoes and younger men.

Debbie said...

Jod, I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see you before you headed off to Idaho!! So what do you think of Moscow so far? I wished I could be there to see you "be" the coroner!! I can't wait to read all about your experiences.
Oh and BTW, you are 30, flirty and thriving, and don't let anyone tell you any different!! xoxoxo

Stats