Thursday, August 14, 2008

I am going to miss you Montley Crew


Karen (the fun driver who lives in the cabin hood that Ash and Joe live in), Jodi and Valerie (the sassy Virginia Tech. Student) hanging out in Talkeetna
Brody and Ashley. This is the night we used the coupons for the free dinners. Thanks Princess, you are so good to us. We get cruise pins, good free eats in Denali and Copper, good deals on hotels, and free eats at 3 of your lodges.
Dan gets rather serious at free dinner night. We had the worst server of all time. As you can tell this boy is not happy about it.
Ashley and her husband Jo. These two are my favorites. They live life to the fullest, hiking, getting tips, and just living life on their own terms (no full time, 9 to 5 employment. They gotta be free of the man). Very Fun Couple, good luck on Peace Corp Dreams.
We ran into Valerie and Karen at McKinley Lodge. We are having a fine dinner in Talketna. Very fun night with good friends.



My Summer.

Jenny Pear and I had an idea that if we named a summer, actually gave it a title, then it would live up to that name. If truth be told, that SUMMER OF LOVE 2000 brought me no loves. Not even a hand holding. Not withstanding the lack of fruitation of that summers title, and the fact that I am naming my summer once it is over... I would call this the 2008's Summer, The 'Summer of love, getting fatter, eating salmon, having no roof, reading Alaskan literature, listening to podcasts, getting shafted on tips, freezing in the cold, and hanging out with the Motley Crew.'

I am going to miss you Motley Crew. In fact I miss you already. Good Luck to everyone on all our post Princess/Alaska Hopes and Dreams.

No comments:

Stats