Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sluts and Teen Wolf.....


I love Teen Wolf. The best movie of all time. When Michael J. Fox is going through those changes. And he is at the party with Boof and he goes in the closet for 7 minutes of heaven (never played that, always really wanted to). And he gets all wild, cause the wolf side is coming out. He is in a struggle between fighting the wolf side, and the good boy side.

Every Halloween we get gussied up. It is our chance to be what ever we want. There is always a party, a wild carnival, where the level of excitement and anticipation is higher then normal. The east valley offers a wide array or choices for Halloween festivities. Which one will I choose? I do not know, but this I do know. Girls will be dressed like whores.

Have I dressed like a whore in the past? Absolutely...but it was all in innocence. Now when I was 12, Grandma Goodman gave Karrie and I black, rabbit fur coats. They were short, so they ended at the waist. This coat was screaming to be worn on Halloween. And I knew just the theme. SLUTS. In my 12 year old mind, sluts wore rabbit fur coats and short skirts and dark lipstick. And at 12, I wanted to be that. I guess it is just the Mormon girl backlash or every girl backlash for that matter..... being a floozy is forbidden. So we embrace it on Halloween, we gotta let that wild side out. We are like Teen Wolf. We got a struggle going on, and at Halloween it is o.k to let the animal out. GRRRRRRR.

Looking back now, we trick or treated, at all those Mormon households.... looking like prostitutes. And when my mom said, "jodi, what are you dressed like?" I replied an 80's punk princess. And you know what, I have classed up the look a bit (no rabbit fur) yet, I still rock that 80's punk princess aka wild girl look in some form or another on Halloween. I guess I still gotta dabble in the forbidden. Even if it is in the safety of the Inter Stake Center, with my bishop as a chaperone, and making sure my outfit is modest, yet oh so seductive.....

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Now why is there no picture to go along with this post!!!:D

Jaime S. said...

yes. i want a picture too.

Stats