Friday, October 26, 2007

INSTITUTE.... A REFLECTION

It has been a long road. A road paved with long lulls of lonliness, hot nights of hottness and always one force, one beacon stands strong...letting me know I am not alone on this journey we call "single". Institute. The chapel on Southern, inbetween Stapely and Gilbert, has been the hub of all things social for the 24-30 crowd( But lets be honest some 45+ year old men are still sneaking in, trying to make it happen). Institute I want to toast you.... you have elevated my spirituality, reconected me with old friends and people who went appostate (yet find their way back to the tute) and have given me a romance here or there. But most of all, you have given me something to do on a Thursday night.

And now some highlights.....

1. THE COMFORT ZONE... sitting on the stage with the 5 dudes that I love, but would never date...as they pick out woman they find attractive and I agree or disagree. Especially superficial when they see the back of a woman only and make a snap judgement.

2. THE EX.... because it is the gathering place, it is littered with, "loves that once were". Usually hillarious when someones ex is still in love with them, and the person is desperately trying to hide. Very ammusing to see an old roomate, and I say, "hey i saw Brandon here, he is looking good" and the roomate says, "shut up jodi, he is totally stalking me at institue, i can't handle it".

3. THE I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, I WANT TO TALK TO HIM, BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE, BUT THIS IS SORT OF ANNOYING BECAUSE I HAVE DROPPED LIKE 4 HINTS AND YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT, SO I WILL JUST LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER TO MAKE SURE THAT THE REASON I PUT ON MAKEUP, IS STILL IN VIEW..... It happens, it sucks and it will live on forever.

4. THE PURSE...the institue over the last few years have offered meals and treats. When they started offering candy bar mini's. I started stalking up. Butterfingers, M&M's, peanut butter cups, etc. I gotta be a freegan...only eat food if it is free (Rusty told me about that last night, it would be Rusty to tell me about Freegan's)Yesterday, a friend of mine, saw me with my black purse and laughed he was like, "oh yeah Jo, you gotta stock up in that purse".

5. THE GETTING CALLED OUT... I made the mistake of letting a few fellow institute pals, know of my travel plans. So after my short stint in Reno, and laying low during the aftermath, not a tute goes by where people don't ask, "hey didn't you move to vegas or something". I keep the explanation short and sweet, yet I hate being called out. This instance has made me recommit to living a private life (blogging excluded).

6. THE ONE WHO GOT AWAY... you are long gone, but you were the reason I looked foreward to so many tute nights from 2002-2006. Oh what we had, and what was lost at the tute. RIP.

Oh INSTITUTE... you keep it constant but keep it so real. thanks.

3 comments:

Jaime S. said...

Here's to you Institute goer. May your Thursday nights be filled with heads turning everytime the door opens, free food and an occasional fire in the parking lot. I'll never forget my institute days. NEVER

Mary Postert said...

I love reading your blog.

Debbie said...

Jodi, you will always put a smile on my face!!!!

Stats