Monday, October 29, 2007

Dirty Dancing.... a Ricks College Tradition.




It's not what you think. We didn't get all crazy at the club, nor did we get all crazy in the Manwaring Center. We just really liked to watch Dirty Dancing in college. I mean so much, that i think for 100 days straight, we watched it. Yeah, I didnt' really go to class back then, and my only other responsibilities were donating plasma and looking good in my fur coats (before the Veganism began). Anyways, somehow the movie Dirty Dancing brought us closer togeather. We didn't care that some of us were messier than others. We didn't care that some of us were breaking the honor code, for someone named Italian Stallion, we didn't care that we were from all walks of life and spiritual levels. All we cared about was Jonny and Baby and their love.

Sometimes, much like Kelly on the OFFICE will respond to the question, "what's new with you?" With a response of well, "Paris got out of Jail, Brad and Angelina had a new baby, and Suri is finally learning to walk....I am affected by others lives. Sometimes at dinner, one would pose the question, "exactly when did Johny fall in love with Baby?" We would discuss it passionately. Every woman with her own opinion. Now that question might be brought up later, when the movie was on, and we would pause the TV, looking for some indication of when Johny truly loved baby. We pinpointed it after much research. Strange as it sounds, I hunger for that exact look in the eyes of every lover. I know that when I get the look, the look he gave her after they did the merange at the other resort, but before they did the sexy dance in the cabin.... then I will know i have found true love.

Today, Dirty Dancing was on cable.... It all came back to me, as I quoted the lines, re-inacted the last dance of the season, and tried to pinpoint the exact moment when Johny loves Baby, I realized Dirty Dancing is timeless. Dirty Dancing is a classic. Dirty Dancing is the best movie of all time.

PS....Hungry Eyes and Overload are the best songs of time.
PPS....If you don't know why saying, "I carried a watermelon" is so devestating, this post did not touch your heart.

1 comment:

{Erica} said...

Dirty dancing rocks! I'm thinking we should do a webcam and dance together to the memorized choreography! Sometimes I close my eyes and pretend bret is johnny..:)

Stats