Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not Nice...

So today in Torts we were focusing on Economic Loss. Basically if you die, they use statistics to figure out how much you were worth to a spouse, or your family. Some people are not assets but liabilities. I was trying to apply this to my life.

I rose my hand and said, "does that mean that a lawyer would argue the value of a 1L at Harvard, in the top of the class is worth alot more money than someone in the bottom of the class here at University of Idaho?" Then I said, 'no offense'. Basically I was saying that lives are of more value if we do better, can make more money, go to a higher ranked school, or simply perform better on tests.

I am sort of bitch. I want to claim it was unintentional or said for humor purposes. But i think i am a product of this stressful situation, and am buying into the lie. Anyways, I guess I need to not just get smarter...but gain some tact and some filter too. Shoot there is always so much growing of character to be done.

PS when i asked two of the people in the class if they thought it came across "bitchy" they said, "Yeah, a little". I do appreciate the honesty. Their responses affirmed what I already knew. I gotta keep my mouth shut. I guess if interesting things were happening I wouldn't have to over analyze a comment made for whatever reason. And I know there are thousands of inappropriate phrases I have uttered that kept ringing in my head after they were said, which quickly were replaced by other inappropriate phrases I said. Point is I still say things I probably shouldn't...just in case you were curious.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't think your bitchy. I think you should just say whatever the hell you want.
Jokes man jokes, that advice will get you in trouble.
I hope you can find a balance and something dramatic happens to you soon.

Rita said...

hey. this is sumo.
I havent seen your blog in quite a while (other than my censorship duties)
I have one request... edit the blog skinny pic header!

two options:
1) just remove my name and call it a day
2) replace my name with luke, van, mitch, or larry.

PS
this blog is PG-13 for sure... watch the language.

-suminator

JB said...

No. But maybe yes. Or not.

Jaime S. said...

i think i would have made that comment and thought is was an observant comment rather than nasty.

Stats