Saturday, January 24, 2009

Little Debbie is a bitch.






Dear Little Debbie,

So I am all sick, I think it has something to do with all the Oatmeal Creme Pies and Swiss Rolls I ate, (8) within a 24 hour period (call it lack of discipline or just a love for sweet goodnesses) but I am sick as a dog and it is all your fault. Stop having such a cheap product on the market that is so good but so bad. I blame you for the big belly I had in Jr. High thanks to the sweet poison that is your 'Nutty Bars', which they sold at the Kino Jr. High Snack Bar. Always 40 cents...just what i had left. I blame you for losing all my money in Elementary School, it was always you or Brach's candy by the pound which was in my price range. Sometimes I got the Zebra Cakes for 99 cents, sometimes I sucummed to Brach's carmels, cinimon bears and orange slices, but all that allowence/rubbing-my-mom's-feet-for-cash-money was exchanged at the Smitty's for your sweet goodnessess. Since Yesteryear Brach's has been hit by inflation. But you miss Deb, you hold strong at 1.19 a box and usually at my market you are on sale for 99 cents. It's the same old song and dance, your sweet goodness at such a sweet price draws me in like a moth to a flame. I am an older lady now, with my own problems...I eat my feelings, I eat when i am stressed, and since I try to keep my grocery bill low, you are there once again calling my name. I blame you Deb, for so many problems in my life. You are a bitch.

I can't say I am leaving you, but I am gonna try.

Jodi

3 comments:

Rita said...

Fantastic post! I love nutty bars and they were quite the treat to have in my dairy queen take home bag that was used as my brown lunch sac through elementary school! Try skinny cows ice cream sandwiches! They are pricier but oh so good!

Melissa said...

Rita's on the money man skinny cow ice creams are the best.
I'll buy you some!!
Debbie does sound like a bitch.

Nancy Pitney said...

just curious, have you left her?

Stats